News & Events
Upcoming Local Programs, News, and Events:
- 2018 Fruit Plant and Tree Sale (Click for Description and list)
- Cherokee County Extension Blog
- 2018 Cherokee County Master Gardener Seminar, Event, and Informational Brochure.
- Discount Six Flag Over Georgia and/or White Water tickets for Cherokee County 4-H members
- Current Cherokee County Master Gardeners Newsletters
- Take The 40 Gallon Challenge: Pledge to Save Water Today!
- Farmer's Markets :
- Upcoming Extension Programs Around Georgia
- ServSafe Certification Classes
- UGA's Cherokee County Georgia's Weather Station Current Weather Conditions.
For more information on Cherokee County agriculture programs and testing services, visit the Agriculture & Natural Resources page.
Upcoming EventsSee More Events keyboard_arrow_right
Feb 1 - Feb 22 Rite Bite Diabetes Cooking School Register Now for the Right Bite Diabetes Cooking School! Learn to prepare delicious meals and snacks to control or prevent diabetes and other diseases. Cumming, GA - (19.0 Miles)
Feb 14 - Mar 21 Food Talk classes UGA Extension is offering a series of FREE nutrition education classes called Food Talk. Food Talk is a series of classes that focus on planning healthy meals on a budget. Each session includes a nutrition lesson and a cooking demo with a sampling of quick, easy, and healthy recipes. Some classes include light physical activity. At the end of the series, participants receive our Meals and Minutes cookbook and a graduation certificate. Classes will be held for six weeks on Wednesdays at the Salvation Army in Cartersville from 10 to 11am. Cartersville, GA - (19.0 Miles)
Feb 20 - Feb 22 Preventive Controls for Human Food This course uses industry-specific sample food safety plans, in addition to the standardized curriculum developed by FSPCA to train and qualify attendees to be Preventive Controls Qualified Individuals. The goal is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to design, implement, document, and maintain a comprehensive food safety plan for a food processor to ensure the safe processing and packaging of products consumption. Athens, GA - (68.0 Miles)
Andress Honored link Georgia FCS teachers honor leader of UGA's statewide home food processing and preservation program.
Pest Management Field Day link University of Georgia blueberry research will be on display at a field day in Alma next week
Flu Prevention link A healthy diet can also protect against the flu. Flu symptoms include fever, chills, cough, sore throat and runny nose.