News & Events
Upcoming Local Programs, News, and Events:
- ****Now Accepting Applications for the 2019 Master Gardeners Training Program ***(Deadline for Application, Friday, November 30, 2018)
- Cherokee County Extension Blog
- 2018 Cherokee County Master Gardener Seminar, Event, and Informational Brochure.
- Discount Six Flag Over Georgia and/or White Water tickets for Cherokee County 4-H members
- Current Cherokee County Master Gardeners Newsletters
- Take The 40 Gallon Challenge: Pledge to Save Water Today!
- Farmer's Markets :
- Upcoming Extension Programs Around Georgia
- ServSafe Certification Classes
- UGA's Cherokee County Georgia's Weather Station Current Weather Conditions.
For more information on Cherokee County agriculture programs and testing services, visit the Agriculture & Natural Resources page.
Upcoming EventsSee More Events keyboard_arrow_right
Nov 14 - Nov 15 ServSafe® Manager Certification Course and Exam The 2-Day ServSafe® program provides food safety training, exams and educational materials to foodservice managers. Students can earn the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification, accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-Conference for Food Protection (CFP). Swainsboro, GA - (171.0 Miles)
Nov 15 The Ins and Outs of Diabetes A valuable class to learn more about living with Diabetes. Sandersville, GA - (129.0 Miles)
Nov 15 Reproductive Techniques Workshop: Dairy and Beef Synchronization Protocols Come learn about the latest Diary and Beef Reproductive Techniques. The Morgan County Extension office will host this workshop on Thursday, November 15, 2018 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. The workshop and lunch is sponsored by GENEX. This workshop will discuss: Semen Handling & Placement; Anatomy, Physiology and Endocrinology; Heat Detection: Ovsynch or CIDR Synch?; Repro Tract Dissection; AI Practices. There will also be a GENEX update. Call the Morgan County Extension Office to RSVP by 11/9/2018 to ensure we have enough food for lunch. Our number is: 706-342-2214 Madison, GA - (76.0 Miles)
4-H Leadership Endowment link Georgia 4-H alumni, supporters name endowment in honor of Gov. and first lady.
Hurricane Michael Impact link Hurricane in October caused more than $2.5 billion in losses to Georgia's agriculture industry.
Pecan Prices link UGA Extension pecan specialist Lenny Wells estimates that pecan growers are receiving significantly less per pound than last year.