News & Events
Upcoming Local Programs, News, and Events:
- Cherokee County Extension Office will be closed Monday, September 3rd in observance of Labor Day.
- Georgia Master Naturalist training program on eight consecutive Fridays from September 14 thru November 2.
- Cherokee County Extension Blog
- 2018 Cherokee County Master Gardener Seminar, Event, and Informational Brochure.
- Discount Six Flag Over Georgia and/or White Water tickets for Cherokee County 4-H members
- Current Cherokee County Master Gardeners Newsletters
- Take The 40 Gallon Challenge: Pledge to Save Water Today!
- Farmer's Markets :
- Upcoming Extension Programs Around Georgia
- ServSafe Certification Classes
- UGA's Cherokee County Georgia's Weather Station Current Weather Conditions.
For more information on Cherokee County agriculture programs and testing services, visit the Agriculture & Natural Resources page.
Upcoming EventsSee More Events keyboard_arrow_right
Aug 21 - Aug 22 ServSafe Managers Certification Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Reidsville, GA - (207.0 Miles)
Aug 22 - Aug 23 ServSafe 2-day Training University of Georgia Cooperative Extension/Henry County provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for food service professionals from the National Restaurant Association. Successful completion of the exam results in certification from NRAEF. The fee of $140 includes course book, educational materials, instruction, exam and refreshments. Pre-registration required, please contact our office. McDonough, GA - (60.0 Miles)
Aug 23 School IPM Workshop This one day workshop is meant to teach principles of Integrated Pest Management (IPM in the school environments. The intended audience is owners and employees of pest management firms. An insect identification laboratory is part of the workshop. Continuing education credits available in GA, AL, SC, and TN. Five hours HPC credit (Category 29) available in GA. Griffin, GA - (68.0 Miles)
Flower Gardens link Growing cut flowers at home is possible with the right knowledge.
Conservation Innovation Grant link The grant supports UGA CAES research on the Tifton campus through July 2020.
Seed Shopping link Add some unique vegetables to your spring garden by ordering through a seed catalog.