News & Events
Upcoming Local Programs, News, and Events:
- Cherokee County Extension Office closure dates:
- December 25th through January 1, 2018 for the Christmas and New Year's Holidays.
- Journeyman Farmer Certificate Program (click for details)
- Apple Grafting Workshop, Thurs., Feb. 8, 2018 (5:30 - 8 p.m.)
- Fruit Tree Seminar, Sat., Feb. 17, 2018 (10 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Cherokee County Extension Blog
- Cherokee County Master Gardeners 2017 Seminar Series Brochure.
- Discount Six Flag Over Georgia and/or White Water tickets for Cherokee County 4-H members
- Current Cherokee County Master Gardeners Newsletters
- Take The 40 Gallon Challenge: Pledge to Save Water Today!
- Farmer's Markets :
- Upcoming Extension Programs Around Georgia
- ServSafe Certification Classes
- UGA's Cherokee County Georgia's Weather Station Current Weather Conditions.
For more information on Cherokee County agriculture programs and testing services, visit the Agriculture & Natural Resources page.
Upcoming EventsSee More Events keyboard_arrow_right
Dec 19 Small and Beginning Farmer Workshop UGA Extension is partnering with Athens Land Trust to provide a program for new and small scale farmers to learn what services and assistance is available to make their farms profitable. The program will include representatives from: The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Farm Service Agency (FSA) UGA Small Business Development Center (SBDC) UGA Extension Athens Land Trust To register, please call(706)743-8341 by Dec. 15 Crawford, GA - (81.0 Miles)
Jan 6, 2018 - Jan 8, 2018 Counselor Selection Weekend Georgia 4-H'ers try out at Rock Eagle 4-H Center for a coveted summer counselor position at one of Georgia's five 4-H centers. Eatonton, GA - (93.0 Miles)
Jan 10, 2018 - Jan 11, 2018 ServSafe Manager Certification Training and Exam UGA Rockdale County Extension provides the Nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for food service managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. The training is from 8:45am-3:30pm, both days. $140.00 Conyers, GA - (51.0 Miles)