Agriculture & Natural Resources
Lee County Ledger
Douglas Collins, our CEC, writes in the county newspaper, which is distributed every Wednesday. Check out the columns we have posted for you to read and enjoy. If you have any questions about certain things mentioned in the articles, contact us at 229-759-6025, or email Doug at email@example.com
Lee County Production Meetings
- Production meetings are usually held starting the beginning of each year. Farmers are able to get pesticide credit towards their pesticide licenses if they attend the meetings. During the course of five years, 3 credit hours are required to keep your private pesticide license up to date. For commercial licenses, it depends on the category you are a part of (category 21: 10 credits).
- We are having production meetings this year (2022). Take note of the ones you want to be a part of. The schedule is available on this webpage.
- If you have any questions, contact our office. If you have additional questions we are not able to answer, contact the Georgia Department of Agriculture at (800) 282-5852.
Private Pesticide Licenses
If you are in need of a pesticide license, whether it be a new license or expired license, contact the Administrative Assistant, Courtney Wingfield. She will be able to send you the paperwork and instructions on how to take the license test online. All you will need to do is take the test, print off and bring to the office your certificate you receive when you complete the test, fill out the paperwork, and bring your driver's license. Courtney is a notary, so she can notarize your documents. It takes 7-10 days to receive your license by USPS.
2023 Ag Newsletters
- July 2023 Fourth Week Ag Newsletter
- July 2023 Third Week Ag Newsletter
- Mid July 2023 Ag Newsletter
- June 2023 Third Week Ag Newsletter
- June 2023 Second Week Ag Newsletter
- May 2023 Third Week Ag Newsletter
- May 2023 Second Week Ag Newsletter
- May 2023 First Week Ag Newsletter
2022 Ag Newsletters
- September 2022 Ag Newsletter
- August 2022 Ag Newsletter
- Late July 2022 Ag Newsletter
- July 2022 Ag Newsletter
- June 2022 Ag Newsletter
- May 2022 Ag Newsletter
- April 2022 Ag Newsletter
- Late March 2022 Ag Newsletter
- March 2022 Ag Newsletter
- February 2022 Ag Newsletter
- January 2022 Ag Newsletter
2021 Ag Newsletters
2023 Lee County Ag Meeting Schedule
January 30, Monday 8:00 a.m. Peanut Production Meeting Lee County Extension Office Meeting Room
February 8, Wednesday 6:00 p.m. Cotton Production Meeting Lee County Extension Office Meeting Room
February 9, Thursday noon Corn/Soybean Production Meeting Lee County Extension Office Meeting Room
February 13, Monday 8:00 a.m. Weed Meeting Lee County Extension Office Meeting Room
February 15, Wednesday noon Precision Ag Meeting Lee County Extension Office Meeting Room
February 27, Monday noon Crop Disease Meeting Lee County Extension Office Meeting Room
March 23, Thursday 7:15 p.m.* Dougherty/Lee Pecan Production Meeting SW Georgia Exchange Club Fairgrounds
August 2, Wednesday noon Pecan Update Lee County Extension Office Meeting Room
*Social starts at 6:30 p.m.
Sausages will be served 30 minutes before the cotton, corn/soybean, precision ag, and crop disease meetings. The address of the Lee County Governmental Building Meeting Room is 109 Main St., Leesburg, GA 31763. The Southwest Georgia Exchange Club Fairgrounds are located at the corner of Westover and Oakridge in Albany. A social time with sausages will start at 6:30 p.m. If you have questions, concerns, or need special accommodation, please call our office at 759-6025.
At the Precision Ag Meeting, the topics discussed will include the return on investment in GPS guidance, planter setup, and drone sprayers.
Below are some of UGA Extension's most broadly useful resources for those involved in agriculture on the farm, in schools, and around the home.