4-H Shooting Sports
Project S.A.F.E. (Shooting Awareness, Fun and Education) is an active program, attractive to youth and adult audiences. The program is curriculum based and designed to assist young people in personal development, establish a personal environmental ethic and explore life-long vocational and avocational activities. The program uses experiential learning and positive interactions with youth and adult role models to help young people develop self-concept, self-assurance and a positive self-image.
Enhance youth development of self-concept, character and personal growth through safe, educational and socially acceptable involvement in shooting activities.
- To involve youth in a life skills program that teaches safe and responsible use of firearms including sound decision-making, self-discipline and concentration.
- To promote the highest standards of safety, sportsmanship and ethical behavior.
- To expose participants to the broad array of vocational and life-long avocation activities related to shooting sports.
- To strengthen families through participation in life-long recreational activities.
- To complement and enhance the impact of existing safety, shooting and hunter education programs using experiential (hands on) educational methods and progressive development of skills and abilities.
(4th - 12th graders)
EVERY FALL, THE ARCHERY COACH WILL HOLD AN INFORMATIONAL MEETING TO ADVISE 4-H'ERS AND THEIR PARENTS OF S.A.F.E. PRACTICES, OPENINGS ON THE TEAM, AND THE RESPONSIBLITIES ASSOCIATED WITH BEING A ARCHERY TEAM MEMBER.
- Weekly practices on Sundays 3:00pm
- Outdoor match in May 1-2, 2020 @ Rock Eagle 4-H Center
Please check this page or contact the Heard County Extension Office at 706-675-3513 or HeardExtension@uga.edu for more information about the 2019-2020 heard county 4-h archery team.
Head Archery Coach: Anthony (Tony) Hand
(4th - 9th graders)
EVERY FALL, THE BB TEAM COACH HOLD AN INFORMATIONAL MEETING TO ADVISE 4-H'ERS AND THEIR PARENTS OF S.A.F.E. PRACTICES, OPENINGS ON THE TEAM, AND THE RESPONSIBLITIES ASSOCIATED WITH BEING A BB TEAM MEMBER.
- Weekly practices on Mondays at 6:00pm
- Northwest District Qualifying Match - @ Coweta County
- TCW - State Competition - @ Rock Eagle 4-H Center
- PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE OR CONTACT THE HEARD COUNTY EXTENSION OFFICE AT 706-675-3513 OR firstname.lastname@example.org FOR INFORMATION ON THE 2021-2022 HEARD COUNTY 4-H BB TEAM
Head BB Coach: Jesse Rodgers
Assistant Coach : Tony Hand
(7th - 12th graders)
EVERY FALL, THE SHOTGUN TEAM COACH HOLD AN INFORMATIONAL MEETING TO ADVISE 4-H'ERS AND THEIR PARENTS CAN LEARN ABOUT S.A.F.E. PRACTICES, OPENING ON THE TEAM, AND THE RESPONSIBLITIES ASSOCIATED WITH BEING A SHOTGUN TEAM MEMBER.
- Practices are held on Sunday afternoons.
- Modified Trap Qualifying Match - @ Douglas County
- TCW - State Modified Trap Match - @ Rock Eagle 4-H Center.
PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE OR CONTACT THE HEARD COUNTY EXTENSION OFFICE AT 706-675-3513 OR HEARDEXTENSION@UGA.EDU FOR INFORMATION ON THE 2018 HEARD COUNTY 4-H SHOTGUN TEAM
Head Shotgun Coach: Ricky Ray
Assistant Coach: Chris Woodson
If interested in becoming a certified coach...
For more information Click the link below:
Coaching Safe Shooting Sports Team