Agriculture & Natural Resources
Areas where your Fannin County agent can help you include:
- Horticulture and Landscaping
- Soil Testing Service
- Water Quality Analyses
- Pond Management
- Plant Disease Diagnosis
- Weed Identification
- Insect Identification
- Row Crops and Pastures
- Master Gardener Program
Contact us for more information!
UGA Extension - Fannin provides testing services through The University of Georgia. There are many types of tests available such as water, soil, plant tissue, and radon.
Please contact the office at 706-632-3061 to learn test options, pricing, packaging, and office hours for bringing in your test samples. Results are usually available in 8 - 10 business days.
Soil Testing the Easy Way for instructions on taking a soil sample.
Soil tests are $6.00 per sample, plus shipping.
Soil tests provide information on the soil's actual nutrient status and are used to determine the amount and kind of nutrients that should be added to the soil for the desired crop.
- Expanded Water- Recommended if water has never been tested. This test addresses common well water quality problems in Georgia such as corrosion, high levels of iron and manganese, and nitrate from various sources. $65
- Basic Mineral - Recommended annual test after Expanded test has been done. $25
- Bacteria Test- Tests for E-coli & Total Coliform. This test is time sensitive and can only be over night shipped Monday through Wednesday to the lab. $46
- Home Loan Closing Test-Used when purchasing or refinancing a home. Best practice is for the client to contact the lender for clarification on what exactly has to be tested. USDA and VA loans require this test. Comes with overnight UPS shipping lable. $95.00
- Radon in the Water - $40
Please contact the office to find out what other water tests are available.
Below are some of UGA Extension's most broadly useful resources for those involved in agriculture on the farm, in schools, and around the home.