Educational resources, training programs, and materials needed to help both private and commercial pesticide applicators achieve certification and subsequently to maintain the knowledge to safely and effectively make use of restricted-use and all other pesticides. Topics include pest identification, personal safety, safe storage and disposal of pesticides, environmental protection, pesticide drift and runoff prevention, threatened and endangered species protection, water quality protection, and food safety.
This program is offered through county Extension offices in Georgia. Contact your local office to see about availability in your county.Contact Your County Office
For general information about this program, visit the website.Visit Website
Related Programs and Services UGA Extension offers a number of educational opportunities, testing services, and consultation for farmers, growers, and landscapers.
- Beef Cattle Short Courses
- Bull and Heifer Evaluation and Reproductive Development (HERD) Program
- Georgia Beef Challenge
- GrassMasters Program
- Integrated Pest Management Program
- Lab Testing and Analysis Services
- Master Cattlemen's Program
- Master Goat Farmer
- On-Site and Telephone Consultation
- Poultry Conferences and Workshops
- Production Meetings
- Sports Turfgrass Management Certificate