Beef cattle short courses are annual programs developed to cover pertinent issues in the beef cattle industry. The short courses leverage classroom style seminars, live animal demonstrations, and hands-on learning to improve the knowledge of producers in the area. Courses are offered in three regional locations: Tifton, Calhoun, and Athens.
This program is offered through county Extension offices in Georgia. Contact your local office to see about availability in your county.Contact Your County Office
Related Programs and Services UGA Extension offers a number of educational opportunities, testing services, and consultation for farmers, growers, and landscapers.
- Bull and Heifer Evaluation and Reproductive Development (HERD) Program
- Georgia Beef Challenge
- GrassMasters Program
- Integrated Pest Management Program
- Lab Testing and Analysis Services
- Master Cattlemen's Program
- Master Goat Farmer
- On-Site and Telephone Consultation
- Pesticide Safety Education Program
- Poultry Conferences and Workshops
- Production Meetings
- Sports Turfgrass Management Certificate