Financial Planning & Literacy
When people become educated about financial management, they become empowered to live a better life. Extension's basic financial literacy programs are designed to help consumers plan spending to meet needs, wants and goals today and in the future.
Extension also offers programs to help consumers improve credit scores, get out of debt, and rebuild credit after bankruptcy. Preventive education helps consumers use credit wisely and avoid problems before they start.
Planning, Saving, and Investing
We provide resources to help people understand wealth accumulation, protection, and distribution, including estate planning, insurance, and investing.
- Get Smart About Identity Theft
- How You Spend Makes a Difference
- Healthy Eating on a Budget
- Understanding Your Credit Report
- Understanding Your Credit Score
- Managing Credit Wisely
- Starting Your Own Business: Community Resources
- Moving Forward
- What About Your Assets?
- Planning your Spending
- Insurance Matters
- Tap into Community Resources
- Housing: Your Top Priority
- Taking Care of You and Your Family
- How to Get Out of Debt
- Money Talks
- Newlywed Bliss Versus the Money Monster
- Money: Yours, Mine, and Ours?
- Understanding Your Water Bill
To see other publications, go to the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- UGA Extension specialist Michael Rupured named Postsecondary Teacher of the Year
- UGA expert offers advice for new small-scale farmers
- UGA Extension agent teaching positive financial habits to Lanier County students
- Georgia sod inventories low, prices high
- Aspiring Georgia entreprenuers turn to UGA for new business workshops
- Farmers, ranchers can apply for Southern SARE Producer Grants
- Free UGA class aimed at new home-based business owners
- Ag teachers in short supply
- Shop smart this holiday season
- Children can start learning financial responsibility at an early age
- Finances: Literacy, Credit, and Planning
Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to finances.
- Hot Topics: Poverty in Georgia
A collection of reports and news stories related to poverty in Georgia.
- Impact Statements: Financial Planning
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge & practices related to financial planning.
- Consumer Information Center
A range of free resources for consumers.
- Georgia Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs
Information and advocacy for Georgia residents.
UGA Extension offers training within local communities on a wide array of topics. To see if there are training events in your area, please visit our calendar.
- Bankruptcy Education Classes
UGA Extension Family and Consumer Sciences Agents are approved providers of educational programs mandated by the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005.
- Financial Literacy for High School Students
A two-day workshop providing the knowledge, materials and lesson plans necessary to help students learn about rational decision making, banks and financial institutions, credit reporting, insurance and more.