When people become educated about financial management, they become empowered to live a better life. Extension's basic financial capability programs are designed to help consumers plan spending to meet needs, wants and goals today and in the future.
Extension also offers programs to help consumers improve credit scores, get out of debt, and rebuild credit after bankruptcy. Preventive education helps consumers use credit wisely and avoid problems before they start.
Planning, Saving, and Investing
We provide resources to help people understand wealth accumulation, protection, and distribution, including estate planning, insurance, and investing.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Dairy Business Analysis Project: 2005 Summary for Florida and Georgia Dairies
- Commercial Blueberry Inventory and Prospectus, Georgia, 2002
- 2001 Georgia Plant Disease Loss Estimates
- 2000 Georgia Plant Disease Loss Estimates
- 1999 Georgia Plant Disease Loss Estimates
- 1998 Georgia Plant Disease Loss Estimates
- 2005 Georgia Plant Disease Loss Estimates
- Is Your Agribusiness Project Feasible?
- Characteristics of Firms Engaged in Fruit and Vegetable Trade
- Marriage Matters Series: Money Talks
- Marriage Matters Series: Newlywed Bliss Versus the Money Monster
- Marriage Matters Series: Money: Yours, Mine, and Ours?
- Marriage Matters Series: Preparing Your Marriage for Retirement
- Radon Mitigation Dos and Don'ts
- Get Smart About Identity Theft
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Healthy Eating on a Budget
- Your Good Credit Series: Understanding Your Credit Report
- Your Good Credit Series: Understanding Your Credit Score
- Your Good Credit Series: Managing Credit Wisely
- How You Spend Makes a Difference
- When Your Income Drops Series: Moving Forward
- When Your Income Drops Series: What About Your Assets?
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- UGA experts to discuss the economy, livestock antibiotic regulations, 2018 farm bill at Georgia Ag Forecast seminar series
- Spending plans and careful consideration are key to holiday shopping
- Store food, water for troublesome times
- Georgia's sales tax holiday hits stores July 30
- Commodity price trends mean tighter operating budgets for farmers
- Consider these tips when choosing a new washing machine
- Workshop educates farmers about building and sustaining a lasting farm
- From programmable thermostats to HVAC checkups, UGA Extension offers energy-saving tips
- UGA's Advancing Georgia's Leaders in Agriculture and Forestry visit state officials and lawmakers at the Georgia State Capital
- Snowed-out Georgia Ag Forecast at Unicoi State Park rescheduled
- Finances: Capability, Credit, and Planning
Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to finances.
- Hot Topics: Poverty in Georgia
A collection of reports and news stories related to poverty in Georgia.
- Impact Statements: Financial Planning
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge & practices related to financial planning.
- Consumer Information Center
A range of free resources for consumers.
- Georgia Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs
Information and advocacy for Georgia residents.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Governmental site that makes consumer complaint stories public.
UGA Extension offers training within local communities on a wide array of topics. To see if there are training events in your area, please visit our calendar.
- Bankruptcy Education Classes
UGA Extension Family and Consumer Sciences Agents are approved providers of educational programs mandated by the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005.