Our mission is to extend lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
Our program areas include:
The Monroe County Extension office is your gateway to the resources of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. We offer educational resources and programs that help clients be more successful in their agricultural pursuits.
We provide testing services for:
- Well Water
- Feed & Forage
- Poultry Litter
- Pond Water
UGA FACS provides programming on:
- Chronic Disease Prevention/Healthy Lifestyles
- Economic Well-being for Individuals and Families
- Food Safety and Preservation
- Healthy, Safe and Affordable Housing Environments
- Positive Development for Individuals, Families and Communities
Monroe County's FACS Agent's focus is on Chronic Disease Prevention/Healthy Lifestyles and Food Safety and Preservation.
Monroe County 4-H provides programs for students grades 5-12 including:
- Cloverleaf Class Club Meetings
- Cotton Boll Consumer Judging
- DPA Preparation
- Horse Team - Judging and Quiz Bowl
- Junior/Senior Leadership Council
- Livestock Judging and Show Teams
- S.A.F.E. Shotgun Team
- Summer Camp
MONROE COUNTY EXTENSION OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2017 FOR LABOR DAY.