To extend lifelong learning to Georgia citizens through unbiased, research-based education in agriculture, the environment, communities, youth and families.
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Master Gardener Extension Volunteers
- 4-H Youth Development
- Family and Consumer Sciences
What is Extension and what can we do to help you?
A partnership of the University of Georgia, the U.S. Department of Agriculture and counties of the state cooperating. UGA Cooperative Extension is on the forefront of food safety, technology, research, and education; keeping Georgia’s economy strong and making life better for Georgians.
UGA Extension Chattooga County links the resources of the University of Georgia, Fort Valley State University, and Chattooga County to provide educational programs, information, and assistance to citizens. UGA Extension Chattooga County helps the citizens of Chattooga County by addressing the following initiatives:
- Family and Economic Well-Being
- Conservation and Management of Natural Resources
- Agriculture Programming and Research Opportunities
- Improving Nutrition, Diet and Health
- Water Quality
- Youth Leadership
- 4-H Youth Development Program
- Service Learning / Citizenship
UGA Extension offers educational programs, assistance and materials to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability. An equal opportunity/affirmative action organization committed to a diverse work force.
Local News and Events
Subscribe to our Email List for Program Announcements