4-H Youth Development
4-H Age Divisions
4-H is open to all youth, ages 9 - 19.
- Cloverbuds (or pre-club) are youth in K - 3.
- Cloverleaf 4-H'ers are youth in 5th and 6th grade.
- Junior 4-H'ers are youth in 7th and 8th grade
- Senior 4-H'ers are youth in 9th through 12th grade.
- All 5th-6th grade students are enrolled in Wayne County 4-H because 4-H is a part of the normal school enrichment. We meet monthly in 5th-grade science classes and in 6th-grade social studies/ science classes.
- 9th-12th graders can enroll in 4-H during club rush at the high school or by stopping by the 4-H office. We hold monthly after-school meetings for the Junior/Senior Club.
- Students who are home-schooled may participate in all 4-H activities for their age group.
It is free to join 4-H in Wayne County. All 4-H'ers must have a current enrollment form on file at the Wayne County Extension office. In addition, 4-H'ers who participate outside of the classroom meetings must have a 4-H Code of Conduct form on file.
Join our Instagram & Facebook Pages!
Facebook: Wayne County GA 4-H
Parents can sign up for Remind to receive announcements and reminders about upcoming events with our Cloverleaf & Junior/Senior 4-Her's for the 2021-2022 School Year
Remind App for Cloverleaf 4-H (5-6 Grade): Text 81010 and put @46k9cgh as the text message!
Remind App for JR/SR 4-H (7-12 Grade): Text 81010 and put @jrsr2021 as the text message!
Become a 4-H Volunteer.....Volunteers help grow our Future Leaders!
4-H is always in need of Adult volunteers to assist in helping to run 4-H Project Clubs, community events, and chaperone youth on various 4-H trips.
5 Reasons to Volunteer with 4-H:
1. Develop New Skills (Become certified in one of the 4-H Project Club areas)
2. Help a cause that you are passionate about
3. Meet new people.
4. Connect with the local community.
5. Expand your horizons
Community Service Opportunities
Started in 2018, this outreach program only requests that you gather all your loose change and let your pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters make a difference in the lives of animals waiting on their future homes! All funds collected will be donated to our local Wayne County ARF Animal Shelter to help them with expenses and the care of animals waiting on their new "FUR-EVER HOMES"!
Wayne County 4-H News:
- Thank you for your patience and support as Georgia 4-H considered tentative plans to provide a delayed start to our normally planned interactive school year club meetings. We are working to setup interactions and meetings as we receive information from local schools.
- For 4-H day programming this year we will be adhering to our State 4-H guidelines and safety measures in response to Covid-19. There will be a screening protocol and individual counties will follow CDC requirements and protocols set by UGA and State 4-H Staff. Please contact our office for more information on requirements, documents and information on activities that we will be doing throughout the 2021-2022 school year.
- Please make sure to join our REMIND APP (information listed above) so that you receive the most up-to-date information and online activities that we have available for both youth and parents! There will be limited numbers set for events and programming in order to follow COVID-19 Safety guidelines and for transportation efforts. Please make sure to sign up early to ensure your child's spot!!!
- Please stay safe and join our Social Media Accounts for online and virtual activities that we will be hosting throughout the year as well! We hope to see pictures of you participating and having fun while staying healthy! We miss you and cannot wait to see all of you again soon!!!!
Wayne County 4-H Project Clubs
Teen Leaders are truly life-savers for both staff, Project Club leaders, Volunteer leaders, and even counselors at 4-H events! Having Teen Leaders in 4-H is important because they are closer to the younger youth ages and they can relate easier to younger members. Do you think you have what it takes to help build and make the best even better? Stop by our 4-H office today and find out when the next training is scheduled!
Livestock Show Team 2021-2022
4-H members of the Livestock Show Team learn proper care and grooming of their livestock animals as well as financial responsibilities of raising livestock. Members have many different opportunities to win ribbons, trophies, and prize money. From market hogs, goats and show heifers to local, district and statewide shows each animal category offers various needs and showmanship skills.
Project S.A.F.E. Clubs
Wayne County 4-H Archery Team 2021-2022
The 4-H Archery Team is open to 5th-12th grade 4-H members. 4-H'ers have the option of learning how to shoot a Compound or Recurve bow. Practices are held twice a week at the 4-H office archery field. Team members are coached by certified 4-H Archery coaches and compete in countywide, district and state matches.
Due to COVID-19 there are rules and safety regulations that must be followed. Please check with our office for further information.
Below are some of 4-H's most broadly useful resources from the Georgia 4-H website. Please contact us for more information about participating in any of these programs through this county office.