Are you interested in obtaining your Pesticide License?
We're here to help!
Which license do I need, Private or Commercial?
A Private Pesticide Applicator license is needed if either of the following statements is true...
- I want to purchase and use a Restricted-Use pesticide (RUP) on my property or the property of my employer to produce an agricultural, ornamental, or forestry commodity.
- I want to supervise the use of a Restricted-Use pesticide (RUP) on my property or the property of my employer to produce an agricultural, ornamental, or forestry commodity.
A Commercial Pesticide Applicator license...
- is required if you want to apply a Restricted-Use pesticide (RUP) and you do not qualify as a private applicator.
- is required if you work for or as a licensed Pesticide Contractor applying any pesticide to the lands of another for a fee unless you work under the supervision of someone else who has a Commercial Pesticide Applicator license.
- does not permit you to charge a fee unless you also have a Pesticide Contractor license.
- is required for Restricted-Use pesticide purchases, and these must be confined to only those categories for which you are authorized by your license.
Georgia Private Pesticide License
Please visit the following link https://extension.uga.edu/programs-services/pesticide-safety-education/private-applicators.html to obtain your Georgia Private Pesticide License.
This course is completed on line.
Georgia Commercial Pesticide License
What are the specific requirements for obtaining a Commercial Pesticide Applicator license?
Please visit the following link: https://extension.uga.edu/programs-services/pesticide-safety-education/commercial-applicators.html for information on how to obtain your Georgia Commercial Pesticide License.