Current Activities and Information
What’s going on in Bleckley County 4-H?
Club meetings - tentative dates for 2017-2018 are:
- 5th grade - Aug 29, Oct 10, Nov 7, Jan 9, Feb 6, Mar 6
- 6th grade - Aug 31, Oct 12, Nov 9, Jan 11, Feb 8, Mar 8
- Junior Club - (grades 7-8) Sept 5, Oct 17, Nov 14, Jan 16, Feb 13, Mar 13
- Senior Club - (grades 9-12) Aug 9, Sept 13, Oct 18, Nov 15, Jan 17, Feb 7, Mar 14
- Home School Club (grades 5-12) Aug 24, additional dates TBA
Service Projects - dates to be determined
- Serving our Senior Citizens in various helpful projects
- Thank you gifts to local Law Enforcement and Emergency Services
- Thank you gifts to teachers and school system administrators
- Fundraisers for 4-H activities and projects
- Food and Coin Drives for Adopted Families at Christmas
- Promoting 4-H during National 4-H Week
Contact 4-H Office for more details
4-H Fun Days
- Halloween Spooktacular
- National 4-H Week activities
- Winter Ice Skating
- Spring Fun Day at Bleckley Co. Schools
Georgia National Fair Oct 5-15, 2017
A number of fun, educational contestsare held during the Georgia National Fair. Click on links below for contest descriptions, dates and registration information. Please note deadlines for registration and contest dates.
Cotton Boll & Consumer Judging -
Cotton is used for clothing, goods and services to meet the needs and reflect lifestyles of communities. Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging gives youth an understanding of the importance cotton plays in Georgia and teaches them to be responsible consumer-citizens when purchasing goods and services.
First practice is Tues., Aug 22 @ 6:30 at the 4-H Office. All following practices will be held every Monday, same time and place.
Contact 4-H Office for more info
Serving as your 2017-2018 Bleckley County Senior Board of Directors
|Chloe Mullis||McKinley Cranford|
|Adam Belflower||Hadden Powell|
|Noah Shedd||Josh Mullins|
|Allison Graham||Seth DuBois|
Below are some of 4-H's most broadly useful resources from the Georgia 4-H website. Please contact us for more information about participating in any of these programs through this county office.