Agenda & Topics
Thursday, September 20, 2018
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.
Welcome: 9:00 a.m.
Sessions: 9:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Lunch will be served at 12:15 p.m.
Sessions for Agroforestry and Wildlife Field Day will each run for 45 minutes. Participants will have the opportunity to attend up to eight sessions throughout the day.
Topics will include:
- Chainsaw Safety for Occasional Users
- Livestock Control of Invasive Vegetation
- Conservation Easements
- Marketing and Selling Timber
- Backyard Wildlife: Bats
- Pinestraw Production
- Financial Assistance
- Nuisance Wildlife Management
- Waterfowl Management
- Forestry Best Management Practices
- Pond Management
- Backyard Wildlife: Birds
- Longleaf Pine Economics
- Turkey Management
- Native Ground Cover and Early Successional Habitat
- Invasive Insects, Diseases and Plants
- Doves Field Management
- Wildlife Openings
- The Whys, Whens and Hows of Thinning
- Prescribed Burning
- Bobwhite Quail Management
- Quality Deer Management
- Forest Certification
- Feral Hogs
- Writing a Forest & Wildlife Management Plan
- Coyotes and Deer
- Wild Game Preparation and Cooking