As interest in home canning and other preservation methods continues to grow, Extension offers information you can trust to make your food preservation efforts safe and successful.
- Preserving Food Series: Canning Tomatoes and Tomato Products
- Preserving Food Series: Pickled Products
- Preserving Food Series: Uncooked Jams and Jellies
- Preserving Food Series: Canning Relishes
- So Easy To Preserve
- Preserving Food Series: Freezing Prepared Foods
- Stored Product Pests in the Home
- Preserving Food Series: Canning Fruit
- Preserving Food Series: Canning Vegetables
- Preserving Food Series: Jams and Jellies
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Plan your garden with food safety in mind
- Following proper guidelines is key for safe pumpkin preserves
- Consumer preferences guide UGA sensory scientist's research
- Visiting scientist conducts research on peanut pathogen at UGA Griffin
- UGA students develop award-winning, bread-free breakfast sandwich
- National Center for Home Food Preservation launches youth canning curriculum: "Put it Up!"
- UGA food safety expert: Proper food preparation can prevent botulism
- UGA Web-based genome tool quickly identifies salmonella bacteria types
- UGA hires director for Food Product Innovation and Commercialization Center
- Make sure homemade gifts are safe this holiday season