Nutrition & Health
Extension provides unbiased, research-based information to help individuals and their families live healthier, happier lives.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- A Simplified Guide to Creating Nutrition Facts Labels
- Is Your Label Gluten Free?
- Safety for Hispanic Landscape Workers
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Comer una Variedad de Alimentos es Sano
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Comer una Variedad de Alimentos Puede ser Divertido
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: El Desayuno es el Combustible para su Día
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Un Desayuno Sano Alimenta el Cerebro
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: ¿Qué Comer en el Desayuno?
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Desayune
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Hacer el Desayuno Puede ser Divertido
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Es Importante Dejar de Comer Cuando Estamos Llenos
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: ¿Cómo se siente estar lleno?
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Tamaños Adecuados de las Porciones
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Consejos para Servir Porciones Más Pequeñas
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Por Qué es Importante Dejar de Comer Cuando Estamos Llenos
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Una Variedad de Alimentos para Niños Quisquillosos o Exigentes
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Georgia 4-H celebrates National 4-H Week Oct. 2-8
- “Pokemon Go” brings families together and provides exercise
- Summer is waning but mosquito season is full swing; Georgians need to stay vigilant
- Watch out: Potato chips from the health food store are still potato chips
- Home plumbing can contribute to lead in tap water but UGA Extension can help
- School gardens on the rise as teachers use them to teach STEM education
- Consistent schedule vital to children's health
- Tablets can lead to creative learning opportunities if used correctly
- Bento box lunches offer kids a fun way to try a larger variety of new foods
- America's school lunch makeover starting to make positive changes in students' eating habits
A program designed to promote independence for agricultural workers with chronic health conditions and disabilities.
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
A program that helps parents feed their children healthier meals and snacks, save money on food, and reduce the risk of food-borne illness. Nutrition education is also provided to youth ages 4-18.
Recipes, cooking videos, educational games and lessons, and plenty of resources to help you make healthy food and physical activity choices for your whole family as well as Online and Instructor Lead Learning as part of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education.
- Hot Topics: Childhood Health
A collection of reports and news stories related to children's health.
- Nutrition and Health
Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to nutrition and health.
- Walk Georgia
Get healthy and have fun with this interactive health and fitness program.
- Zero Weight Gain Challenge
- The American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem.
- The American Diabetes Association
Organization dedicated to preventing and curing diabetes and to improving the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
- The National Diabetes Education Program
NDEP translates the latest science and spreads the word that diabetes is serious, common, and costly, yet controllable and, for type 2, preventable.
- The Centers for Disease Control
CDC's Division of Diabetes Translation translates diabetes research into daily practice to understand the impact of the disease, influence health outcomes, and improve access to quality health care.