Nutrition & Health
Extension provides unbiased, research-based information to help individuals and their families live healthier, happier lives.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- The Basics
- Prime Times for Learning
- What Parents Can Do
- What Child Care Can Do
- Learning Language
- The Role of Music
- Is Breast Milk Best?
- What to Eat When You're Expecting
- Nurturing Positive Relationships
- The Importance of Play
- Creating Consistency
- Buffering the Brain From Toxic Stress
- Drinking Water is Important
- How Much Water Should You Drink?
- Water Helps Children Succeed
- Eating a Variety of Foods is Healthy!
- Eating a Variety of Foods can be Fun!
- Breakfast Fuels Your Day
- Healthy Breakfast Feeds the Brain
- What to Eat for Breakfast?
To see other publications, go to the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Two Bleckley County 4-H members to attend Distracted Driving Prevention Summit
- Scientist touts health benefits of goat meat
- UGA researchers find peanut skins would add antioxidants to peanut butter
- Scientists from across the globe work to stop the spread of toxins in peanuts
- Help UGA Extension's Walk Georgia test new website by logging physical activity
- South Georgia farmers hope Satsumas produce sweet results
- UGA innovation lab participates in Clinton Foundation's launch of Haiti peanut depot
- Maintaining a healthy weight is a family affair
- UGA School Garden Curriculum Resource Center helps teachers makes the most of their school gardens
- Proper handwashing still one of the best defenses against childhood germs
A program designed to promote independence for agricultural workers with chronic health conditions and disabilities.
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
A program that helps parents feed their children healthier meals and snacks, save money on food, and reduce the risk of food-borne illness. Nutrition education is also provided to youth ages 4-18.
- Hot Topics: Childhood Health
A collection of reports and news stories related to children's health.
- Nutrition and Health
Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to nutrition and health.
- Walk Georgia
Get healthy and have fun with this interactive health and fitness program.
- Zero Weight Gain Holiday Challenge
- The American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem.
- The American Diabetes Association
Organization dedicated to preventing and curing diabetes and to improving the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
- The National Diabetes Education Program
NDEP translates the latest science and spreads the word that diabetes is serious, common, and costly, yet controllable and, for type 2, preventable.
- The Centers for Disease Control
CDC's Division of Diabetes Translation translates diabetes research into daily practice to understand the impact of the disease, influence health outcomes, and improve access to quality health care.