Nutrition & Health
Extension provides unbiased, research-based information to help individuals and their families live healthier, happier lives.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Leave it at the Door: A Guide to Reducing Contaminants in Your Home
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Basics
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Prime Times for Learning
- Building Baby's Brain Series: What Parents Can Do
- Building Baby's Brain Series: What Child Care Can Do
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Learning Language
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Role of Music
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Is Breast Milk Best?
- Building Baby's Brain Series: What to Eat When You're Expecting
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Nurturing Positive Relationships
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Importance of Play
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Creating Consistency
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Buffering the Brain From Toxic Stress
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Agricultural communication students explore the intersection of agriculture, food systems and hunger in the U.S.
- UGA Extension announces summer camps for military youths
- Add "testing for radon" to the homebuying checklist
- Fighting pollen? Fight smarter with these pollen-busting tips from UGA Cooperative Extension
- Doubling world food supply the subject of International Agriculture Day lecture
- Pollen counts help allergy sufferers manage symptoms
- UGA researchers track neural stem cells by coloring chicken eggs from the inside
- UGA Extension is here to help community and school gardeners
- Healthier eating, better tracking results in more produce-related foodborne illness cases
- Trading technology for labor makes a healthier farmer
A program designed to promote independence for agricultural workers with chronic health conditions and disabilities.
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
A program that helps parents feed their children healthier meals and snacks, save money on food, and reduce the risk of food-borne illness. Nutrition education is also provided to youth ages 4-18.
- Hot Topics: Childhood Health
A collection of reports and news stories related to children's health.
- Nutrition and Health
Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to nutrition and health.
- Walk Georgia
Get healthy and have fun with this interactive health and fitness program.
- Zero Weight Gain Challenge
- The American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem.
- The American Diabetes Association
Organization dedicated to preventing and curing diabetes and to improving the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
- The National Diabetes Education Program
NDEP translates the latest science and spreads the word that diabetes is serious, common, and costly, yet controllable and, for type 2, preventable.
- The Centers for Disease Control
CDC's Division of Diabetes Translation translates diabetes research into daily practice to understand the impact of the disease, influence health outcomes, and improve access to quality health care.