Nutrition & Health
Extension provides unbiased, research-based information to help individuals and their families live healthier, happier lives.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Basics
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Prime Times for Learning
- Building Baby's Brain Series: What Parents Can Do
- Building Baby's Brain Series: What Child Care Can Do
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Learning Language
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Role of Music
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Is Breast Milk Best?
- Building Baby's Brain Series: What to Eat When You're Expecting
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Nurturing Positive Relationships
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Importance of Play
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Creating Consistency
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Buffering the Brain From Toxic Stress
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Drinking Water is Important
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Visiting scientist conducts research on peanut pathogen at UGA Griffin
- UGA students develop award-winning, bread-free breakfast sandwich
- Parents need to keep track of social media trends in order to keep kids safe
- "After-school recess" sneaks in a few extra hours of physical activity into the school-year routine
- National Center for Home Food Preservation launches youth canning curriculum: "Put it Up!"
- UGA Radon Education Program hosts poster contest to raise awareness
- UGA Cooperative Extension focusing efforts on Georgia's community and school gardens
- Georgia 4-H, city of Pembroke help community earn State Farm grant
- Physicians can play key role in preventing foodborne illness, says UGA's Mike Doyle
- New law will require trailers have safety chains
A program designed to promote independence for agricultural workers with chronic health conditions and disabilities.
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
A program that helps parents feed their children healthier meals and snacks, save money on food, and reduce the risk of food-borne illness. Nutrition education is also provided to youth ages 4-18.
- Hot Topics: Childhood Health
A collection of reports and news stories related to children's health.
- Nutrition and Health
Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to nutrition and health.
- Walk Georgia
Get healthy and have fun with this interactive health and fitness program.
- Zero Weight Gain Challenge
- The American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem.
- The American Diabetes Association
Organization dedicated to preventing and curing diabetes and to improving the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
- The National Diabetes Education Program
NDEP translates the latest science and spreads the word that diabetes is serious, common, and costly, yet controllable and, for type 2, preventable.
- The Centers for Disease Control
CDC's Division of Diabetes Translation translates diabetes research into daily practice to understand the impact of the disease, influence health outcomes, and improve access to quality health care.