Nutrition & Health
Extension provides unbiased, research-based information to help individuals and their families live healthier, happier lives.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Nurturing Positive Relationships
- The Importance of Play
- Creating Consistency
- Buffering the Brain From Toxic Stress
- The Basics
- Prime Times for Learning
- What Parents Can Do
- What Child Care Can Do
- Learning Language
- The Role of Music
- Is Breast Milk Best?
- What to Eat When You're Expecting
- Drinking Water is Important
- How Much Water Should You Drink?
- Water Helps Children Succeed
- Eating a Variety of Foods is Healthy!
- Eating a Variety of Foods can be Fun!
- Breakfast Fuels Your Day
- Healthy Breakfast Feeds the Brain
- What to Eat for Breakfast?
To see other publications, go to the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Georgia 4-H, city of Pembroke help community earn State Farm grant
- Physicians can play key role in preventing foodborne illness, says UGA's Mike Doyle
- New law will require trailers have safety chains
- Georgia farmers planting, selling more kale
- Walk-a-Weigh program helping Georgia residents lose weight, eat healthier
- UGA using pig skin for neural development in humans
- UGA Web-based genome tool quickly identifies salmonella bacteria types
- UGA hires director for Food Product Innovation and Commercialization Center
- Walk Georgia program improving lives of Georgia residents
- Physician recommendations result in greater weight loss, UGA research finds
A program designed to promote independence for agricultural workers with chronic health conditions and disabilities.
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
A program that helps parents feed their children healthier meals and snacks, save money on food, and reduce the risk of food-borne illness. Nutrition education is also provided to youth ages 4-18.
- Hot Topics: Childhood Health
A collection of reports and news stories related to children's health.
- Nutrition and Health
Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to nutrition and health.
- Walk Georgia
Get healthy and have fun with this interactive health and fitness program.
- Zero Weight Gain Holiday Challenge
- The American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem.
- The American Diabetes Association
Organization dedicated to preventing and curing diabetes and to improving the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
- The National Diabetes Education Program
NDEP translates the latest science and spreads the word that diabetes is serious, common, and costly, yet controllable and, for type 2, preventable.
- The Centers for Disease Control
CDC's Division of Diabetes Translation translates diabetes research into daily practice to understand the impact of the disease, influence health outcomes, and improve access to quality health care.