No matter how agriculture changes, one thing stays the same: weather can dictate crop success or failure. It also influences decisions about livestock, home and commercial landscaping, city planning and just about anything outdoors.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Anticipating Drought on Rainfed Farms in the Southeast
- Effects of Low Temperature on Plants
- Drought-Related Cattle Feeding Problems
- Managing Algal Blooms and the Potential for Algal Toxins in Pond Water
- Practical Use and Application of the Poultry Carbon Footprint Calculation Tool
- Global Warming: How Does It Relate to Poultry?
- Managing and Feeding Lactating Dairy Cows in Hot Weather
- Forage Use and Grazing Herd Management during a Drought
- Drought Management Strategies for Beef Cattle
- Water Requirements and Quality Issues for Cattle
- Community and School Gardens Series: Extending the Crop Season: Unheated Spaces
- What's the “Beef” with Methane Emission and Cattle Production?
- Make Every Drop Count: Xeriscape - Seven Steps to a Water-Wise Landscape
- Make Every Drop Count: Proper Planting Results in Healthy, Water-Efficient Plants
- Make Every Drop Count: Managing a Water-Wise Landscape
- Environmental Water Quality Series: Drinking Water Protection in Georgia
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- UGA Extension stressing importance of keeping pesticides on target
- Climatologists work to demystify wet bulb temperature – the secret to efficient freeze protection for blueberries and peaches
- Stimulate lawn growth early with aerification
- February's warm, dry weather expands severe drought in northern Georgia
- Landscape conifers still suffering drought stress despite recent rains
- UGA advises farmers to check irrigation systems for maintenance issues now
- Warm weather and storms dominate January's weather in Georgia
- Warm winter temperatures spark fears of potential plant diseases
- Highlights of pecan season include favorable prices, high yields
- Damaged irrigation pivots leave farmers without key farming tools
- Georgia Automated Environmental Monitoring Network
Provides extensive, detailed, and historical weather data from sensor network distributed across the state.
- Georgia Skies
Detailed, supplementary weather information targeted to students.
- Georgia State Climatology Office
Provides a climatology FAQ and links to numerous external sites that provide weather information.
- Impact of Weather on Ethanol Energy Value
Study investigates how weather affects the net energy value (NEV) of corn-derived ethanol.
- Impact Statements: Weather
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge & practices related to weather.
- Weather and Climate Hot Topics
Catalog of weather and climate news items.
Provides climate, agriculture and forestry information with forecasts to inform agricultural resource management decisions. Focuses on Georgia's signature agricultural products. Includes summary information on climate, El Niño and climate change. Includes links.
- Southeast Climate Consortium
Organization develops decision-support information and tools. Their site summarizes the organization's programs, provides a library of publications, presentations and new alongside links and an event calendar.