No matter how agriculture changes, one thing stays the same: weather can dictate crop success or failure. It also influences decisions about livestock, home and commercial landscaping, city planning and just about anything outdoors.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Managing Algal Blooms and the Potential for Algal Toxins in Pond Water
- Practical Use and Application of the Poultry Carbon Footprint Calculation Tool
- Global Warming: How Does It Relate to Poultry?
- Managing and Feeding Lactating Dairy Cows in Hot Weather
- Drought-Related Cattle Feeding Problems
- Forage Use and Grazing Herd Management during a Drought
- Anticipating Drought on Rainfed Farms in the Southeast
- Drought Management Strategies for Beef Cattle
- Water Requirements and Quality Issues for Cattle
- What's the “Beef” with Methane Emission and Cattle Production?
- Community and School Gardens Series: Extending the Crop Season: Unheated Spaces
- Make Every Drop Count: Xeriscape - Seven Steps to a Water-Wise Landscape
- Make Every Drop Count: Proper Planting Results in Healthy, Water-Efficient Plants
- Make Every Drop Count: Managing a Water-Wise Landscape
- Environmental Water Quality Series: Drinking Water Protection in Georgia
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- January 2016 saw the return of nearly normal winter weather to Georgia
- UGA horticulturist finds that Georgia eggplant producers can decrease irrigation usage
- Warm and wet December worries peach, pecan and blueberry farmers
- Spring-like December 2015 was one for the record books
- UGA expert compiles book on sustainable gardening in the Southeast
- Testing helps assure healthy well water after wet weather
- Sunshine key to Georgia cotton producers harvesting their crop
- November 2015 ranks as one of the top 10 wettest, warmest for Georgia
- UGA pecan specialist fears Georgia's pecan crop will not meet early projections
- Adverse conditions make growing pumpkins in south Georgia difficult
- Georgia Automated Environmental Monitoring Network
Provides extensive, detailed, and historical weather data from sensor network distributed across the state.
- Georgia Skies
Detailed, supplementary weather information targeted to students.
- Georgia State Climatology Office
Provides a climatology FAQ and links to numerous external sites that provide weather information.
- Impact of Weather on Ethanol Energy Value
Study investigates how weather affects the net energy value (NEV) of corn-derived ethanol.
- Impact Statements: Weather
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge & practices related to weather.
- Weather and Climate Hot Topics
Catalog of weather and climate news items.
Provides climate, agriculture and forestry information with forecasts to inform agricultural resource management decisions. Focuses on Georgia's signature agricultural products. Includes summary information on climate, El Niño and climate change. Includes links.
- Southeast Climate Consortium
Organization develops decision-support information and tools. Their site summarizes the organization's programs, provides a library of publications, presentations and new alongside links and an event calendar.