No matter how agriculture changes, one thing stays the same: weather can dictate crop success or failure. It also influences decisions about livestock, home and commercial landscaping, city planning and just about anything outdoors.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Global Warming: How Does It Relate to Poultry?
- Managing and Feeding Lactating Dairy Cows in Hot Weather
- Drought-Related Cattle Feeding Problems
- Forage Use and Grazing Herd Management during a Drought
- Anticipating Drought on Rainfed Farms in the Southeast
- Drought Management Strategies for Beef Cattle
- Water Requirements and Quality Issues for Cattle
- Extending the Crop Season: Unheated Spaces
- Know How and When to waterSmart
- Make Every Drop Count: Xeriscape - Seven Steps to a Water-Wise Landscape
- Make Every Drop Count: Proper Planting Results in Healthy, Water-Efficient Plants
- Make Every Drop Count: Managing a Water-Wise Landscape
- Drinking Water Protection in Georgia
- First and Last Frost Dates in Georgia
To see other publications, go to the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- September rainfall eases South Georgia drought
- Pecan scab a growing problem for Georgia producers
- Georgia Peanut Tour a major attraction for international farmers
- Cotton prices unfavorable for Georgia farmers
- Due to summer drought, Georgia's non-irrigated peanuts could have low yield potential
- Feast or famine for August rainfall
- Summer drought has Georgia farmers feeling the heat
- Bleak market awaits corn farmers
- UGA Extension's new peanut agronomist upbeat about state crop
- Drought returns to Georgia as drier than normal conditions cover most of the state
- Georgia Automated Environmental Monitoring Network
Provides extensive, detailed, and historical weather data from sensor network distributed across the state.
- Georgia Skies
Detailed, supplementary weather information targeted to students.
- Georgia State Climatology Office
Provides a climatology FAQ and links to numerous external sites that provide weather information.
- Impact of Weather on Ethanol Energy Value
Study investigates how weather affects the net energy value (NEV) of corn-derived ethanol.
- Impact Statements: Weather
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge & practices related to weather.
- Weather and Climate Hot Topics
Catalog of weather and climate news items.
Provides climate, agriculture and forestry information with forecasts to inform agricultural resource management decisions. Focuses on Georgia's signature agricultural products. Includes summary information on climate, El Niño and climate change. Includes links.
- Southeast Climate Consortium
Organization develops decision-support information and tools. Their site summarizes the organization's programs, provides a library of publications, presentations and new alongside links and an event calendar.