No matter how agriculture changes, one thing stays the same: weather can dictate crop success or failure. It also influences decisions about livestock, home and commercial landscaping, city planning and just about anything outdoors.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Drought-Related Cattle Feeding Problems
- Managing Algal Blooms and the Potential for Algal Toxins in Pond Water
- Practical Use and Application of the Poultry Carbon Footprint Calculation Tool
- Global Warming: How Does It Relate to Poultry?
- Managing and Feeding Lactating Dairy Cows in Hot Weather
- Forage Use and Grazing Herd Management during a Drought
- Anticipating Drought on Rainfed Farms in the Southeast
- Drought Management Strategies for Beef Cattle
- Water Requirements and Quality Issues for Cattle
- Community and School Gardens Series: Extending the Crop Season: Unheated Spaces
- What's the “Beef” with Methane Emission and Cattle Production?
- Make Every Drop Count: Xeriscape - Seven Steps to a Water-Wise Landscape
- Make Every Drop Count: Proper Planting Results in Healthy, Water-Efficient Plants
- Make Every Drop Count: Managing a Water-Wise Landscape
- Environmental Water Quality Series: Drinking Water Protection in Georgia
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- New UGA scientist searches for grasses that can survive drought, heat and other environmental stressors
- Repair the landscape damaged by Hurricane Matthew one step at a time
- Hay producers at mercy of weather as fall armyworms reduced hay supply
- High optimism for Georgia's pecan crop
- Georgia corn production up this year
- Difficult decisions in store for Georgia dryland peanut producers
- UGA Entomology helps lead effort to digitize North America's butterfly and moth collections
- Despite August deluge, hot, dry weather expected to persist through early fall
- Lightning poses dangerous threat to farmers
- Weather conditions favorable for white mold disease this year
- Georgia Automated Environmental Monitoring Network
Provides extensive, detailed, and historical weather data from sensor network distributed across the state.
- Georgia Skies
Detailed, supplementary weather information targeted to students.
- Georgia State Climatology Office
Provides a climatology FAQ and links to numerous external sites that provide weather information.
- Impact of Weather on Ethanol Energy Value
Study investigates how weather affects the net energy value (NEV) of corn-derived ethanol.
- Impact Statements: Weather
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge & practices related to weather.
- Weather and Climate Hot Topics
Catalog of weather and climate news items.
Provides climate, agriculture and forestry information with forecasts to inform agricultural resource management decisions. Focuses on Georgia's signature agricultural products. Includes summary information on climate, El Niño and climate change. Includes links.
- Southeast Climate Consortium
Organization develops decision-support information and tools. Their site summarizes the organization's programs, provides a library of publications, presentations and new alongside links and an event calendar.