No matter how agriculture changes, one thing stays the same: weather can dictate crop success or failure. It also influences decisions about livestock, home and commercial landscaping, city planning and just about anything outdoors.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Practical Use and Application of the Poultry Carbon Footprint Calculation Tool
- Global Warming: How Does It Relate to Poultry?
- Managing and Feeding Lactating Dairy Cows in Hot Weather
- Drought-Related Cattle Feeding Problems
- Forage Use and Grazing Herd Management during a Drought
- Anticipating Drought on Rainfed Farms in the Southeast
- Drought Management Strategies for Beef Cattle
- Water Requirements and Quality Issues for Cattle
- Community and School Gardens Series: Extending the Crop Season: Unheated Spaces
- Make Every Drop Count: Xeriscape - Seven Steps to a Water-Wise Landscape
- Make Every Drop Count: Proper Planting Results in Healthy, Water-Efficient Plants
- Make Every Drop Count: Managing a Water-Wise Landscape
- Water Quality Series: Drinking Water Protection in Georgia
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Sub-surface drip irrigation a possible solution for some Georgia peanut farmers
- Overly-warm June left some parts of the state in drought and caused some crop damage
- Pecan blog useful tool in UGA reaching growers across the world
- Soaring temperatures have watermelon farmers feeling the heat
- Fewer Vidalia onions expected this year
- Annual 4-H20 Camp educates students on water usage and conservation
- April 2015 was much warmer and wetter than normal in Georgia
- Georgia farmers advised to check irrigation systems, equipment before using this spring
- UGA peanut agronomist cautions peanut producers against planting early
- Late cold snap predicted for this weekend in northern Georgia
- Georgia Automated Environmental Monitoring Network
Provides extensive, detailed, and historical weather data from sensor network distributed across the state.
- Georgia Skies
Detailed, supplementary weather information targeted to students.
- Georgia State Climatology Office
Provides a climatology FAQ and links to numerous external sites that provide weather information.
- Impact of Weather on Ethanol Energy Value
Study investigates how weather affects the net energy value (NEV) of corn-derived ethanol.
- Impact Statements: Weather
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge & practices related to weather.
- Weather and Climate Hot Topics
Catalog of weather and climate news items.
Provides climate, agriculture and forestry information with forecasts to inform agricultural resource management decisions. Focuses on Georgia's signature agricultural products. Includes summary information on climate, El Niño and climate change. Includes links.
- Southeast Climate Consortium
Organization develops decision-support information and tools. Their site summarizes the organization's programs, provides a library of publications, presentations and new alongside links and an event calendar.