No matter how agriculture changes, one thing stays the same: weather can dictate crop success or failure. It also influences decisions about livestock, home and commercial landscaping, city planning and just about anything outdoors.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Anticipating Drought on Rainfed Farms in the Southeast
- Drought Management Strategies for Beef Cattle
- Water Requirements and Quality Issues for Cattle
- Drought-Related Cattle Feeding Problems
- Forage Use and Grazing Herd Management during a Drought
- Extending the Crop Season: Unheated Spaces
- Know How and When to waterSmart
- Make Every Drop Count: Xeriscape - Seven Steps to a Water-Wise Landscape
- Make Every Drop Count: Proper Planting Results in Healthy, Water-Efficient Plants
- Make Every Drop Count: Managing a Water-Wise Landscape
- Water Quality Series: Drinking Water Protection in Georgia
- First and Last Frost Dates in Georgia
- Climate and Weather Information for Georgia Farmers
- Global Warming: How Does It Relate to Poultry?
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and enviromental sciences.
- UGA-Tifton Campus holds annual Agricultural and Environmental Awareness Day
- Drought almost gone, but lingers on the southeastern coast
- Optimal planting time key in peanut farming success
- Technology to play key role in future of agriculture
- End of winter rains break records and obliterate drought
- Scientists aim to improve peanuts through breeding
- Community weather network celebrates milestone, looking to grow
- Research shows promising results for Georgia beet production
- UGA event highlights weather fighting tools for farmers
- Add new plants now, so they will survive later
- Georgia Automated Environmental Monitoring Network
Provides extensive, detailed, and historical weather data from sensor network distributed across the state.
- Georgia Skies
Detailed, supplementary weather information targeted to students.
- Georgia State Climatology Office
Provides a climatology FAQ and links to numerous external sites that provide weather information.
- Impact of Weather on Ethanol Energy Value
Study investigates how weather affects the net energy value (NEV) of corn-derived ethanol.
- Impact Statements: Weather
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge & practices related to weather.
- Weather and Climate Hot Topics
Catalog of weather and climate news items.
Provides climate, agriculture and forestry information with forecasts to inform agricultural resource management decisions. Focuses on Georgia's signature agricultural products. Includes summary information on climate, El Niño and climate change. Includes links.
- Southeast Climate Consortium
Organization develops decision-support information and tools. Their site summarizes the organization's programs, provides a library of publications, presentations and new alongside links and an event calendar.