This site is designed to enhance the understanding of issues related to water. Users will find information on programs that are being offered through the Southern Regional Water Program, and news about EPA's Region 4 wetlands, pesticides, groundwater, surface water, drinking water, nonpoint source, and air quality programs.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Factors to Consider in Selecting a Farm Irrigation System
- Irrigation Water Quality for Agriculture
- Environmental Water Quality Series: Georgia's Water Quality Standards
- Environmental Water Quality Series: Watershed Assessment in Georgia
- Water Meters as a Water Management Tool on Georgia Farms
- Understanding Wastewater Treatment Systems
- The 2010 Georgia Water Stewardship Act: Farm Use Water Withdrawal Permits
- Understanding Laboratory Wastewater Tests: I. ORGANICS (BOD, COD, TOC, O&G)
- Rainwater Harvesting for System Designers and Contractors
- Microalgae Utilization in Wastewater Treatment
- Considerations for Subsurface Drip Irrigation Application in Humid and Sub-humid Areas
- Evaluating and Interpreting Application Uniformity of Center Pivot Irrigation Systems
- UGA EASY Pan Irrigation Scheduler: Pan Size Considerations
- Iron (Manganese) and Sulfur Bacteria in Your Well Water
- Water-wise Landscape Guide for the Georgia Piedmont
- Environmental Water Quality Series: Total Maximum Daily Loads in Georgia
- Conserving Water in the Vegetable Garden
- Drinking Water: Interpretation and Recommendations
- Household Water Quality Series: Iron and Manganese
- Winterizing Your Irrigation System
- Tips for Saving Water in the Landscape
- Choosing a Landscape Irrigation Contractor
- Water Quality and Common Treatments for Private Drinking Water Systems
- The 2010 Georgia Water Stewardship Act
- Household Water Quality Series: Hydrogen Sulfide and Sulfate
- Household Water Quality Series: Removal of Hydrogen Sulfide and Sulfate
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- UGA researching unique irrigation strategy to optimize water use on peanut farms
- Inaugural Academy of Crop Production to be held in Athens, Georgia
- UGA, Italian university partner to offer first-of-its-kind program in sustainable agriculture
- Georgia 4-H to combat erosion at Tybee Island's Burton 4-H Center
- Iron bacteria are not dangerous, but control can be extremely difficult
- Consider these tips when choosing a new washing machine
- Doubling world food supply the subject of International Agriculture Day lecture
- Add organic matter, water deeply for healthy tomato plants
- Spring is the time to eliminate mosquito habitats from the landscape
- Time to get agricultural irrigation systems checked and fixed
- Every Drop Counts
Water conservation tips, posted daily, are designed to help the UGA community and others use water more efficiently.
- Georgia Drought
Summary of the current status of drought in Georgia. This site also features statewide outdoor water use schedules in addition to links to climatological data, outlooks, a news archive, and other related topics.
- Impact Statements: Water
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge & practices related to water.
- Water and Drought
Resource of information covering water and droughts, which includes related impact statements and reports, and relevant articles from the UGA FACES site.
- Water Resources
Information on teaching, research, and outreach to show how to wisely use our limited water resources. Site includes directories, publications, an image gallery, courses, upcoming events, and related links.
- National Water Program
creates and disseminates knowledge that insures a safe and reliable source of water of the appropriate quality throughout the United States and its territories. Site includes information about research, education, and extension programs.
- Southern Regional Water Program
Site that applies knowledge to improve water quality in New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina. It features program areas, reports and resources, success stories, regional links, contacts, partners, youth programs and information, and related links.
UGA Extension offers training within local communities on a wide array of topics. To see if there are training events in your area, please visit our calendar.
- UF Water Conservation Webinar Series
Presents extension programs that focus on residential water conservation and water quality issues. Extension specialists and agents in different southern states will discuss successes and challenges facing extension programs that target homeowner practices.