This site is designed to enhance the understanding of issues related to water. Users will find information on programs that are being offered through the Southern Regional Water Program, and news about EPA's Region 4 wetlands, pesticides, groundwater, surface water, drinking water, nonpoint source, and air quality programs.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Understanding Wastewater Treatment Systems
- The 2010 Georgia Water Stewardship Act: Farm Use Water Withdrawal Permits
- Understanding Laboratory Wastewater Tests: I. ORGANICS (BOD, COD, TOC, O&G)
- Rainwater Harvesting for System Designers and Contractors
- Microalgae Utilization in Wastewater Treatment
- Improving Household Wastewater Treatment
- Considerations for Subsurface Drip Irrigation Application in Humid and Sub-humid Areas
- Evaluating and Interpreting Application Uniformity of Center Pivot Irrigation Systems
- UGA EASY Pan Irrigation Scheduler: Pan Size Considerations
- Anticipating Drought on Rainfed Farms in the Southeast
- Irrigation Pumping Plant Performance
- Improving Drinking Water for the Rural Resident
- Irrigation Pumping Plants and Energy Use
- Environmental Policy Statements: Explaining What You Do, How You Do It, and Where You Want To Go
- Irrigating Tobacco
- Irrigation Scheduling Methods
- Water Source Use and Expansion Assessment
- Water Meters as a Water Management Tool on Georgia Farms
- Management of Irrigation Systems
- Georgia's Water Quality Standards
- Drinking Water: Interpretation and Recommendations
- Iron and Manganese
- Winterizing Your Irrigation System
- Tips for Saving Water in the Landscape
- Choosing a Landscape Irrigation Contractor
- Water Quality and Common Treatments for Private Drinking Water Systems
- The 2010 Georgia Water Stewardship Act
- Hydrogen Sulfide and Sulfate
- Removal of Hydrogen Sulfide and Sulfate
- Protecting Georgia's Surface Water Resources
- Irrigation for Lawns and Gardens
- Arsenic in Your Water
- Removal of Arsenic From Household Water
- Testing for Water Quality
- Rain Gardens in Home Landscapes
- Home Water Quality and Treatment
- Conservation and Best Management Practices in Georgia: Implementing, Funding and Assistance
- Sources of Water for the Garden
- Protecting Your Well and Wellhead
To see other publications, go to the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Pecan blog useful tool in UGA reaching growers across the world
- Soaring temperatures have watermelon farmers feeling the heat
- Annual 4-H20 Camp educates students on water usage and conservation
- Reduce indoor water usage with tips from UGA Extension
- Georgia farmers advised to check irrigation systems, equipment before using this spring
- Early blueberry varieties impacted by deep freezes in January, February
- UGA entomologist says proper corn storage can lead to better market prices
- UGA climatologist predicts more active tropical season in 2015
- Georgia pecan crop lacking in size
- UGA CAES to offer advanced agriscience and environmental systems courses
- Every Drop Counts
Water conservation tips, posted daily, are designed to help the UGA community and others use water more efficiently.
- Georgia Drought
Summary of the current status of drought in Georgia. This site also features statewide outdoor water use schedules in addition to links to climatological data, outlooks, a news archive, and other related topics.
- Impact Statements: Water
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge & practices related to water.
- Water and Drought
Resource of information covering water and droughts, which includes related impact statements and reports, and relevant articles from the UGA FACES site.
- Water Resources
Information on teaching, research, and outreach to show how to wisely use our limited water resources. Site includes directories, publications, an image gallery, courses, upcoming events, and related links.
- National Water Program
creates and disseminates knowledge that insures a safe and reliable source of water of the appropriate quality throughout the United States and its territories. Site includes information about research, education, and extension programs.
- Southern Regional Water Program
Site that applies knowledge to improve water quality in New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina. It features program areas, reports and resources, success stories, regional links, contacts, partners, youth programs and information, and related links.
UGA Extension offers training within local communities on a wide array of topics. To see if there are training events in your area, please visit our calendar.
- UF Water Conservation Webinar Series
Presents extension programs that focus on residential water conservation and water quality issues. Extension specialists and agents in different southern states will discuss successes and challenges facing extension programs that target homeowner practices.