This site is designed to enhance the understanding of issues related to water. Users will find information on programs that are being offered through the Southern Regional Water Program, and news about EPA's Region 4 wetlands, pesticides, groundwater, surface water, drinking water, nonpoint source, and air quality programs.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Calibration of Center Pivot Irrigation Systems for Wastewater Applications
- Center Pivot Calibration for Wastewater: A Field Reference Guide
- Spring Center Pivot and Lateral Irrigation System Preparation
- Understanding Laboratory Wastewater Tests: I. ORGANICS (BOD, COD, TOC, O&G)
- Factors to Consider in Selecting a Farm Irrigation System
- Irrigation Water Quality for Agriculture
- Environmental Water Quality Series: Watershed Assessment in Georgia
- Environmental Water Quality Series: Georgia's Water Quality Standards
- Water Meters as a Water Management Tool on Georgia Farms
- Understanding Wastewater Treatment Systems
- The 2010 Georgia Water Stewardship Act: Farm Use Water Withdrawal Permits
- Rainwater Harvesting for System Designers and Contractors
- Microalgae Utilization in Wastewater Treatment
- Household Water Quality Series: Disinfecting Your Well Water: Shock Chlorination
- Household Water Quality Series: Protecting Your Well and Wellhead
- Household Water Quality Series: Home Water Quality and Treatment
- Household Water Quality Series: Testing for Water Quality
- Community and School Gardens Series: Sources of Water for the Garden
- Community and School Gardens Series: Irrigation
- Drip Irrigation in the Home Vegetable Garden
- Drip Irrigation Check List: Winterization
- Drip Irrigation Check List: Start-Up
- Iron (Manganese) and Sulfur Bacteria in Your Well Water
- Household Water Quality Series: Radon in Your Water
- Water-wise Landscape Guide for the Georgia Piedmont
- Environmental Water Quality Series: Total Maximum Daily Loads in Georgia
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- High optimism for Georgia's pecan crop
- Georgia corn production up this year
- UGA turfgrass research highlighted at Griffin Campus field day
- Proper sensor placement helps farmers optimize water use
- Georgia's hot, dry spell will continue despite recent showers
- Georgia heads into August with a near record number of days over 95 degrees
- High-heat, low rainfall set the stage for harmful algal blooms and cyanobacteria
- Georgia's dryland peanuts suffering from lack of rain
- Home plumbing can contribute to lead in tap water but UGA Extension can help
- Forage sorghum a viable option for Georgia cattlemen
- Every Drop Counts
Water conservation tips, posted daily, are designed to help the UGA community and others use water more efficiently.
- Georgia Drought
Summary of the current status of drought in Georgia. This site also features statewide outdoor water use schedules in addition to links to climatological data, outlooks, a news archive, and other related topics.
- Impact Statements: Water
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge & practices related to water.
- Water and Drought
Resource of information covering water and droughts, which includes related impact statements and reports, and relevant articles from the UGA FACES site.
- National Water Program
creates and disseminates knowledge that insures a safe and reliable source of water of the appropriate quality throughout the United States and its territories. Site includes information about research, education, and extension programs.
- Southern Regional Water Program
Site that applies knowledge to improve water quality in New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina. It features program areas, reports and resources, success stories, regional links, contacts, partners, youth programs and information, and related links.
UGA Extension offers training within local communities on a wide array of topics. To see if there are training events in your area, please visit our calendar.
- UF Water Conservation Webinar Series
Presents extension programs that focus on residential water conservation and water quality issues. Extension specialists and agents in different southern states will discuss successes and challenges facing extension programs that target homeowner practices.