Human activities, like agriculture, industry, and recreation, have their waste products. Protecting the soil, water, and air from pollutants is a critical part of Extension research. Encouraging wise stewardship of Georgia's resources not only protects humans and their environment from harm, it also creates a climate where responsible industry can flourish and prosper.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Environmental Policy Statements: Explaining What You Do, How You Do It, and Where You Want To Go
- Georgia's Water Quality Standards
- On-Site Wastewater Management Systems and Their Environmental Impact
- Regulations for On-Farm Storage Tanks in Georgia
- Urban Storm Water Management in Georgia
- Bacterial Source Tracking (BST)
- Conservation and Best Management Practices in Georgia: Implementing, Funding and Assistance
- Protecting Your Well and Wellhead
- Disinfecting Your Well Water: Shock Chlorination
- Drinking Water Protection in Georgia
- Total Maximum Daily Loads in Georgia
To see other publications, go to the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Team of UGA agents wins Urban Agriculture Education Award
- Asian, American scientists work together for safer food supply
- UGA scientist's book helps other researchers interpret meterological data
- UGA scientist studies septic systems' affect on water quality, quantity
- Georgia 4-H museum honors environmental education program founder Diane Davies
- Handle fuel safely for the benefit of the environment
- Chatham 4-H'ers educate community on E. coli and septic systems
- Residents in nine counties can dispose of old chemicals on Jan. 31
- UGA researchers nominated for international sustainability award
- UGA scientists test new toxicant detection tool, links to abnormal fetal development
- Agricultural Pollution Prevention Program
Provides resources on pollution concerns in environmental assessments, animal waste, land applications, sustainable agriculture and tillage as well as links to University and external websites.
- Impact Statements: Pollution
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge and practices related to pollution.