Human activities, like agriculture, industry, and recreation, have their waste products. Protecting the soil, water, and air from pollutants is a critical part of Extension research. Encouraging wise stewardship of Georgia's resources not only protects humans and their environment from harm, it also creates a climate where responsible industry can flourish and prosper.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Practical Use and Application of the Poultry Carbon Footprint Calculation Tool
- Environmental Water Quality Series: Georgia's Water Quality Standards
- Regulations for On-Farm Storage Tanks in Georgia
- Environmental Policy Statements: Explaining What You Do, How You Do It, and Where You Want To Go
- Environmental Water Quality Series: Urban Storm Water Management in Georgia
- Environmental Water Quality Series: Bacterial Source Tracking (BST)
- Environmental Water Quality Series: On-Site Wastewater Management Systems and Their Environmental Impact
- Metal Concentration Standards for Land Application of Biosolids and Other By-Products in Georgia
- Environmental Water Quality Series: Total Maximum Daily Loads in Georgia
- Conservation and Best Management Practices in Georgia: Implementing, Funding and Assistance
- Household Water Quality Series: Protecting Your Well and Wellhead
- Environmental Water Quality Series: Drinking Water Protection in Georgia
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Cattle drinking from farm ponds can hurt livestock, fish and shoreline
- Fighting pollen? Fight smarter with these pollen-busting tips from UGA Cooperative Extension
- Natural spring water may taste great, but that doesn't make it safe to drink.
- UGA expert compiles book on sustainable gardening in the Southeast
- Georgia 4-H'ers collect, recycle aluminum to benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities
- UGA ag school cuts ribbon on net zero research home on campus in Tifton
- University of Georgia mobile app helps DOT control roadside weeds
- Human landscapes can offer safety to imperiled pollinators
- Team of UGA agents wins Urban Agriculture Education Award
- Asian, American scientists work together for safer food supply
- Agricultural Pollution Prevention Program
Provides resources on pollution concerns in environmental assessments, animal waste, land applications, sustainable agriculture and tillage as well as links to University and external websites.
- Impact Statements: Pollution
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge and practices related to pollution.