Human activities, like agriculture, industry, and recreation, have their waste products. Protecting the soil, water, and air from pollutants is a critical part of Extension research. Encouraging wise stewardship of Georgia's resources not only protects humans and their environment from harm, it also creates a climate where responsible industry can flourish and prosper.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Environmental Policy Statements: Explaining What You Do, How You Do It, and Where You Want To Go
- Georgia's Water Quality Standards
- Water Quality Series: On-Site Wastewater Management Systems and Their Environmental Impact
- Regulations for On-Farm Storage Tanks in Georgia
- Water Quality Series: Urban Storm Water Management in Georgia
- Water Quality Series: Bacterial Source Tracking (BST)
- Metal Concentration Standards for Land Application of Biosolids and Other By-Products in Georgia
- Georgia Green*A*Syst: Environmental Checklist for Landscape Professionals
- Protecting Your Well and Wellhead
- Disinfecting Your Well Water: Shock Chlorination
- Water Quality Series: Drinking Water Protection in Georgia
- Water Quality Series: Total Maximum Daily Loads in Georgia
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and enviromental sciences.
- Handle fuel safely for the benefit of the environment
- Chatham 4-H'ers educate community on E. coli and septic systems
- Residents in nine counties can dispose of old chemicals on Jan. 31
- UGA researchers nominated for international sustainability award
- UGA scientists test new toxicant detection tool, links to abnormal fetal development
- Davies named to National 4-H Hall of Fame
- Researcher treats termites, saves university money, reduces pesticide usage
- Department of Defense grant funds UGA research into chemical cleanup
- One man's weed is another man's flower
- 4-H20: Saving water for the future
- Agricultural Prollution Prevention Program
Provides resources on pollution concerns in environmental assessments, animal waste, land applications, sustainable agriculture and tillage as well as links to University and external websites.
- Impact Statements: Pollution
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge and practices related to pollution.