Agriculture & Natural Resources
ANR Services (Prices include cost of test + postage) - For additional test options, please contact the Extension Office
- Forage Testing - Basic test $23; includes moisture, neutral detergent fiber, acid detergent fiber, estimated crude fiber, crude protein, lignin, total digestible nutrients and relative forage quality
- Nitrate Testing in Forages - $15
- Submit hay and silage samples in a gallon Ziploc bag
- Plant tissue - Basic test $28; includes total nitrogen, sulfur, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, iron, aluminum, boron, copper, zinc, and nickel
- Leaf tissue should be placed in a brown paper bag. Do not wrap or enclose leaves in plastic. All wet leaf tissue to air dry before shipment.
- Soil Testing - Basic test $10; includes pH, lime requirement, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc and manganese
- Water Testing - Basic test $22; includes pH and hardness, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, aluminum, boron, chromium, copper, cadmium, iron, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, silica, sodium and zinc.
- Microbiology test for drinking water - $46 ($36 for the test, $10 shipping); tests for total coliforms and e. coli in drinking water
ANR EventsSee More Events keyboard_arrow_right
Aug 14 - Aug 15 ServSafe Manager Training UGA Spalding County Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for food service professionals from the National Restaurant Association. Successful completion of the exam results in certification from NRAEF. The fee of $140 includes course book, educational materials, instruction, exam and refreshments. Pre-registration required, please contact our office. Griffin, GA - (105.0 Miles)
Aug 15 - Aug 16 ServSafe Manager Certification 2 Day Training and Exam UGA Tift County Extension provides the Nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for food service managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. The training is from 8:30am - 5:00pm, both days. $140.00 Tifton, GA - (237.0 Miles)
Aug 18 Preserving Foods Safely Join UGA Extension - Chatham County at the Savannah Farmer's Market Festival at 701 US Highway 80 in Garden City, GA to learn more about preserving foods safely. Participants will receive University of GA food preservation publications, recipes and researched-based food safety information for home canning and freezing. Water bath canning, pressure canning and freezing produce of the season will be demonstrated. Garden City, GA - (275.0 Miles)
Williams Honored link At 75, 'Mr. Bamboo' still tends bamboo groves at UGA's coastal garden.
Mosquito Season link Mosquitos are on the move across Georgia.
Master 4-H'ers link Fifty Georgia 4-H members are now headed to national competition.
Hot and Humid link Normal summertime temperatures returned, but it was too hot to notice.
Email Our ANR Agent