Agriculture & Natural Resources
ANR Services (Prices include cost of test + postage) - For additional test options, please contact the Extension Office
- Forage Testing - Basic test $23; includes moisture, neutral detergent fiber, acid detergent fiber, estimated crude fiber, crude protein, lignin, total digestible nutrients and relative forage quality
- Nitrate Testing in Forages - $15
- Submit hay and silage samples in a gallon Ziploc bag
- Plant tissue - Basic test $28; includes total nitrogen, sulfur, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, iron, aluminum, boron, copper, zinc, and nickel
- Leaf tissue should be placed in a brown paper bag. Do not wrap or enclose leaves in plastic. All wet leaf tissue to air dry before shipment.
- Soil Testing - Basic test $10; includes pH, lime requirement, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc and manganese
- Water Testing - Basic test $22; includes pH and hardness, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, aluminum, boron, chromium, copper, cadmium, iron, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, silica, sodium and zinc.
- Microbiology test for drinking water - $46 ($36 for the test, $10 shipping); tests for total coliforms and e. coli in drinking water
ANR EventsSee More Events keyboard_arrow_right
May 30 - May 31 ServSafe® Manager Certification Training This training program certifies food handlers and managers in restaurants, schools, hospitals, nursing home cafeterias, and other food service businesses to prevent causing or spreading foodborne illness. The ServSafe® Program is a recognized food safety sanitation course developed by The Educational Foundation of The National Restaurant Association. Baxley, GA - (250.0 Miles)
May 30 - May 31 ServSafe Manager Certification Georgia Cooperative Extension provides the nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for foodservice managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. Cartersville, GA - (38.0 Miles)
Jun 4 - Jun 7 School Nutrition Staff - ServSafe® Certification Course and Exam This 4-day ServSafe® program provides food safety training, exams and educational materials to school nutrition staff. Participants can earn the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification, accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-Conference for Food Protection (CFP). Swainsboro, GA - (206.0 Miles)
Tropical Warnings link Rain, high water and possible flooding expected in late May.
Watermelon Crop link Downy mildew thrives in wet, humid conditions, using moisture on the plant's surface for successful spore germination.
Scouting link The life cycles of some insect pests are so short that missing a week of scouting can lead to increased pests and damaged crops.
Pepper Weevils link Seventy percent of the winter peppers imported into the US are grown in Mexico, where weevils originate.
Email Our ANR Agent