Agriculture & Natural Resources
ANR Services (Prices include cost of test + postage) - For additional test options, please contact the Extension Office
- Forage Testing - Basic test $23; includes moisture, neutral detergent fiber, acid detergent fiber, estimated crude fiber, crude protein, lignin, total digestible nutrients and relative forage quality
- Nitrate Testing in Forages - $15
- Submit hay and silage samples in a gallon Ziploc bag
- Plant tissue - Basic test $28; includes total nitrogen, sulfur, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, iron, aluminum, boron, copper, zinc, and nickel
- Leaf tissue should be placed in a brown paper bag. Do not wrap or enclose leaves in plastic. All wet leaf tissue to air dry before shipment.
- Soil Testing - Basic test $10; includes pH, lime requirement, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc and manganese
- Water Testing - Basic test $22; includes pH and hardness, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, aluminum, boron, chromium, copper, cadmium, iron, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, silica, sodium and zinc.
- Microbiology test for drinking water - $46 ($36 for the test, $10 shipping); tests for total coliforms and e. coli in drinking water
ANR EventsSee More Events keyboard_arrow_right
Feb 24 Cancer Prevention Cooking Class The USDA presents "Cooking for a Lifetime", a cancer prevention cooking class. Learn about reducing the risk of cancer, who should get screened for breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer and how to get screened. Free PRIZES*, cookbook, and recipe tasting. *All who attend will be entered into a drawing for one of two fitness kits valued at $30 each. Ellijay, GA - (14.0 Miles)
Feb 28 Fencing Field Day Hands-on field day discussing topics including: permanent fencing options, the use of temporary fencing, and fence troubleshooting. Tifton, GA - (237.0 Miles)
Feb 28 Northeast Georgia Vegetable Production Meeting Topics will include variety selection, insect pest management, and pesticide safety. 1 hr Private Applicator Credit, 2 hr Category 21 Commercial Credit, 1 hour for all Commercial Applicator Categories. MUST pre-register to reserve meal. Blairsville, GA - (46.0 Miles)
Pecan Tree Management link Young, stressed trees and those planted in poorly drained soil are at risk for beetle damage.
Irrigation Maintenance link Proper irrigation maintenance helps farmers avoid system malfunctions during the growing season.
Andress Honored link Georgia FCS teachers honor leader of UGA's statewide home food processing and preservation program.
Pest Management Field Day link University of Georgia blueberry research will be on display at a field day in Alma next week
Email Our ANR Agent