Agriculture & Natural Resources
ANR Services (Prices include cost of test + postage) - For additional test options, please contact the Extension Office
- Forage Testing - Basic test $23; includes moisture, neutral detergent fiber, acid detergent fiber, estimated crude fiber, crude protein, lignin, total digestible nutrients and relative forage quality
- Nitrate Testing in Forages - $15
- Submit hay and silage samples in a gallon Ziploc bag
- Plant tissue - Basic test $28; includes total nitrogen, sulfur, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese, iron, aluminum, boron, copper, zinc, and nickel
- Leaf tissue should be placed in a brown paper bag. Do not wrap or enclose leaves in plastic. All wet leaf tissue to air dry before shipment.
- Soil Testing - Basic test $10; includes pH, lime requirement, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc and manganese
- Water Testing - Basic test $22; includes pH and hardness, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, aluminum, boron, chromium, copper, cadmium, iron, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, silica, sodium and zinc.
- Microbiology test for drinking water - $46 ($36 for the test, $10 shipping); tests for total coliforms and e. coli in drinking water
ANR EventsSee More Events keyboard_arrow_right
Jan 10, 2018 - Jan 11, 2018 ServSafe Manager Certification Training and Exam UGA Rockdale County Extension provides the Nationally recognized and accredited ServSafe® training for food service managers from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Upon successful completion of the ServSafe® examination, the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager certificate will be issued by the NRAEF. The training is from 8:45am-3:30pm, both days. $140.00 Conyers, GA - (88.0 Miles)
Jan 17, 2018 Nutrition Class Learn how to eat healthy without spending a lot of money, the value of having a grocery list, what it means to eat healthy foods, and portion control to prevent weight gain. Ellijay, GA - (14.0 Miles)
Jan 17, 2018 Money/Budget Class Learn how to stretch your food dollars, the importance of paying bills on time, and how to keep track of your spending. Ellijay, GA - (14.0 Miles)
Deer Rut link Deer breeding time is determined in part by shorter days.
Christmas Trees link UGA Extension offers safety tips on Christmas tree management.
Golden Berry link Berries come in yellow, too, thanks to native hollies like possumhaw and winterberry.
PlantTape Technology link All parts of onion production are being evaluated, including fertilizer and herbicide applications.
Email Our ANR Agent