Please visit the official Georgia 4-H website.
What is Georgia 4-H?
A world in which youth and adults learn, grow, and work together as catalysts for positive change!
What is the mission of Georgia 4-H?
The mission of Georgia 4-H is to assist youth in acquiring knowledge, developing life skills, and forming attitudes that will enable them to become self-directing, productive and contributing members of society. This mission is accomplished, through "hands on" learning experiences, focused on agricultural and environmental issues, agriculture awareness, leadership, communication skills, foods and nutrition, health, energy conservation, and citizenship.
Exploring and discovering, encouraging and challenging, that's what Georgia 4-H is all about. As a program of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Cooperative Extension System, 4-H is part of the nationwide Extension network.
4-H'ers are known for sharing their research-based knowledge and technology to people where they live and work. 4-H combines federal, state, and local expertise and resources.
Who do I contact to learn more about Georgia 4-H?
In Georgia, Extension faculty members based on the campus of the University of Georgia and in most Georgia counties work directly with adult and teen volunteer leaders to implement the 4-H program at the local level. For more information about Georgia 4-H, contact your local county Extension Office or the Georgia State 4-H office.
All 4-H publications are available from your County Extension Office.
From Georgia 4-H
- Georgia 4-H Headlines
- Georgia 4-H e-News
- Extension Grants e-News
- Clover Cornerstone
- Wingspan - Rock Eagle
- The Skimmer - Jekyll Island
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and enviromental sciences.
- National 4-H Council Recognizes Sen. Saxby Chambliss
- UGA student testifies before Congress about impact of Extension
- Kroger Plus Cards help earn funds for Georgia 4-H program
- AmeriCorps VISTA members essential to Georgia's 4-H program
- Tift County 4-H poultry judging team wins national championship
- Georgia 4-H museum honors environmental education program founder Diane Davies
- Georgia 4-H'ers produce huge pumpkins
- Ryles named to National 4-H Hall of Fame
- One million students served by Georgia 4-H Environmental Education Program
- UGA faculty instrumental in helping organize livestock shows at Georgia National Fair
- Burton 4-H Center on Tybee Island
- Fortson 4-H Center
- Jekyll Island 4-H Center
- Rock Eagle 4-H Center
- 4-H Tidelands Nature Center
- Wahsega 4-H Center