Please visit the official Georgia 4-H website.
What is Georgia 4-H?
A world in which youth and adults learn, grow, and work together as catalysts for positive change!
What is the mission of Georgia 4-H?
The mission of Georgia 4-H is to assist youth in acquiring knowledge, developing life skills, and forming attitudes that will enable them to become self-directing, productive and contributing members of society. This mission is accomplished, through "hands on" learning experiences, focused on agricultural and environmental issues, agriculture awareness, leadership, communication skills, foods and nutrition, health, energy conservation, and citizenship.
Exploring and discovering, encouraging and challenging, that's what Georgia 4-H is all about. As a program of the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Cooperative Extension System, 4-H is part of the nationwide Extension network.
4-H'ers are known for sharing their research-based knowledge and technology to people where they live and work. 4-H combines federal, state, and local expertise and resources.
Who do I contact to learn more about Georgia 4-H?
In Georgia, Extension faculty members based on the campus of the University of Georgia and in most Georgia counties work directly with adult and teen volunteer leaders to implement the 4-H program at the local level. For more information about Georgia 4-H, contact your local county Extension Office or the Georgia State 4-H office.
All 4-H publications are available from your County Extension Office.
From Georgia 4-H
- Georgia 4-H Headlines
- Georgia 4-H e-News
- Extension Grants e-News
- Clover Cornerstone
- Wingspan - Rock Eagle
- The Skimmer - Jekyll Island
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Rock Eagle 4-H Center looking for a few good seeds for its heritage garden
- UGA Extension building its leadership bench with Extension Academy of Professional Excellence
- Master 4-H'ers credit Georgia 4-H for teaching them public speaking, leadership skills
- Cool off this summer with Rock Eagle 4-H Center's cold-blooded animal ambassadors
- Rock Eagle 4-H Center hosts dive-in movie to celebrate the end of the summer
- 4-H20 camp teaches Georgia youth about sustainable water management
- Georgia 4-H'ers compete to develop the next big snacking sensation
- Heirloom vegetable workshop and seed swap at Rock Eagle 4-H Center on May 21
- New generation of UGA Cooperative Extension leaders graduate from ExTEND leadership program
- Georgia 4-H to combat erosion at Tybee Island's Burton 4-H Center
- Burton 4-H Center on Tybee Island
- Fortson 4-H Center
- Jekyll Island 4-H Center
- Rock Eagle 4-H Center
- 4-H Tidelands Nature Center
- Wahsega 4-H Center