Instructions for Testing
- If you have not already, obtain a test kit provided by UGA Extension.
- Make sure all exterior doors and windows have been closed at least 12 hours prior to testing, except for normal exit and entry. Run your AC or heat as you normally do.
- Insert a piece of cardboard into the opening of the test kit. This cardboard helps to keep your test kit open. Then hang the test kit 2 to 6 feet from the floor in the lowest part of your home that is used on a daily basis, such as bedroom or a living room. Do not hang a test kit in the bathroom kitchen or garage.
- Leave the test kit undisturbed for a minimum of three days and a maximum of seven days.
- After you're done testing, discard the cardboard and remove the white strip to seal the test kit envelope. After you have sealed the envelope, print your name and address clearly on the back.
- Before mailing, write down four important numbers on the back of the envelope: starting date, starting time, ending date, and ending time. These four numbers are essential for laboratory to analyze your test kit.
- Mail the test kit immediately for analysis. You should receive results within seven to ten days.
Thank you from UGA Extension, and don't forget to test, fix, and save a life!