Core & Category Manual Study Guides
Online study guide courses are available that cover the core manual exam and several of the category exams. These courses are available if you prefer studying an online course rather than reading a paper manual. The study guides' advantage over paper manuals is that each chapter or section in the online study guide contains one or more quizzes that let you test your knowledge of the topic and readiness to take the commercial examination for either the Core Manual or one of the available study guides.
There are three core manual courses and they cover 3-4 chapters from the “National Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Manual Second Edition 2014.” Each chapter contains one or more quizzes whose questions are derived from the material you just covered. The quizzes allow you to assess whether or not you are prepared to pass the Core Manual Exam. Each time you restart a quiz, you will get a slightly different set of questions and the answers will be in a different order for any questions that are repeated.
You may order one or more of the courses through the Georgia Professional Certifications storefront on the UGA Marketplace website. Follow the steps below to purchase the Core Manual study guide courses.
1. Select the "Commercial Applicators" picture box from the four options shown.
2. Select the “add to cart” icon to add Core Manual courses you wish to purchase. Each course has a description of the chapters in the Core Manual that it covers. Each chapter contains one or more quizzes that will help you evaluate your comprehension of the topics covered in that chapter.
3. After you add a course to your cart, you have the option to either “Continue shopping” or “Checkout.” Select the option you want and either add additional courses or continue to the checkout steps.
4. Courses 1, 2, and 3 cover the entire “National Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Manual Second Edition 2014.”
Category manual study guide courses are available for commercial applicators seeking certification in Aquatic Pest Control (Category 26), Agricultural Plant Pest Control (Category 21), Ornamental and Turfgrass Pest Control (Category 24), and Mosquito Biology, Surveillance and Control (Category 41). To purchase one or more of the category manual study guides, follow these steps:
1. Select the "Category Manual Study Guides" picture box from the four options shown on the Georgia Professional Certifications storefront.
2. Click the cart icon to add a category manual course to your cart. Each course has a description of its purpose and contents.
3. After you add a course to your cart, you have the option to either “Continue shopping” or “Checkout.” Select which option you desire and either add additional courses or continue to the checkout steps.
1. Enter your name as it appears on your credit card (ignore the statement about the Certificate of Completion; that statement is for private applicators or GCAPP trainees.), your county name (where your business is located), and a phone number in case you need to be contacted.
2. DO NOT enter a Username or Password to register (registration is only for repeat customers who want to save time). DO enter an email address and click on "Checkout as Guest."
3. Carefully enter your credit card information. Be especially careful when you type in the numbers because a single number being wrong will cause your order to not be accepted.
4. Click on the “Continue” button. Then click on the “Review Order” button to go to the Review Order page. Review your order carefully and when you are satisfied click on the “Submit Order” button. This will bring up your "Order Receipt", which you can print for your records. A copy of your Order Receipt will also be sent to your email address.
The following steps will occur automatically once you submit your order. Dr. Mickey Taylor will immediately receive a notification of your order, including the name you entered on the Payment Methods page and your email address. Dr. Taylor will enroll you in the courses that you have purchased sometime during each workday, typically around 10:00 AM or 5:00 PM. He will send you an email with your username and a temporary password. You will be required to change this temporary password when you log onto the gaprocerts.com site for the first time. You can no longer self-register on the gaprocerts.com website.