Contact Your County Office


If you are the owner, operator, or agent in charge of either a domestic or foreign facility that is engaged in manufacturing/processing, packing, or holding of food for human or animal consumption in the United States, you must register with FDA, unless you are exempt under 21 CFR 1.226 from the requirement to register. If you are an owner, operator, or agent in charge of a domestic facility, you must register your facility whether or not the food from the facility enters interstate commerce (21 CFR 1.225(b)).

Choosing and Using a Copacker

  • If you wish to have your product prepared by a co-packer that is inspected by either the Georgia Department of Agriculture or the local health department, we can provide a list of processors. This list in no way infers a recommendation of these establishments and is provided solely as a service to Georgia food product entrepreneurs. No guarantee or warranty by EFS is implied by this list. You should meet with several co-packers before making your decision – do your due diligence research, too. 

shared kitchen/commercial

  • Commercial Kitchen is a facility that is licensed or permitted by the Environmental Health Department or the Georgia Department of Agriculture. Food Service operations using the commercial kitchen will be regulated by the local Environmental Health Department (this would include catering operations) while food sales operations are regulated by the Georgia Department of Agriculture. The companies that produce food products in the commercial kitchen that fall under the Georgia Department of Agriculture’s jurisdiction are each licensed separately.


In-depth explanations of the requirements for small food product manufacturers under the “Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food” regulation (21 CFR 117) under FSMA