This program is a 7-week series focusing on forage production that gives producers an entry-level education leading in to other programs like Grazing School or Southeastern Hay Convention. Programs will be taught by UGA Forage Team members and USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service staff.
This program is offered through county Extension offices in Georgia. Contact your local office to see about availability in your county.Contact Your County Office
Related Programs and Services UGA Extension offers a number of educational opportunities, testing services, and consultation for farmers, growers, and landscapers.
- AgTAP: Technical Assistance for Georgia Agribusiness and Communities
- Beef Cattle Short Courses
- Bull and Heifer Evaluation and Reproductive Development (HERD) Program
- Georgia Beef Challenge
- Integrated Pest Management Program
- Lab Testing and Analysis Services
- Master Cattlemen's Program
- Master Goat Farmer
- On-Site and Telephone Consultation
- Pesticide Safety Education Program
- Poultry Conferences and Workshops
- Production Meetings
- Sports Turfgrass Management Certificate