The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act requires that packaged foods bear nutrition labeling if: (1) the annual gross sales of food to consumers is greater than $50,000, or (2) it has more than 100 employees, or (3) has sales of more than 100,000 units per year. An Extension Food Science specialists can provide a nutrition facts panel in digital format ready to put into your label for a nominal fee.
For more information, visit the service website.Food Science & Technology Extension Website
Related Programs and Services UGA Extension offers a variety of food-related programs and services for the home and small business.
- Better Process Control School
- Food Safety for Civic Groups & Churches
- Food Safety for Concession Stands
- HACCP Certification Short Course for Meat & Poultry
- Home Food Preservation Classes
- Process Approval for Food Products
- Product Classification
- ServSafe® Training
- Starting a New Food Business in Georgia