UGA Extension offers a wide variety of resources for educators to start, tend, and use school gardens as an integrated part of their classroom. Find resources, curricula, cookbooks, tips, and more on the School Garden Resources website.
Live from the Lab - Fall 2018
The UGA College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is excited to premiere the second season of the Live from the Lab Facebook Live series. Beginning August 17, 2018, every other Friday through the fall semester at 10am, real-life scientists at the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences will talk about their research and take questions from audience members. Each episode lasts about 30 minutes, including question and answer sessions. Learn more here.
- Aug. 17: Marianne Shockley, Does the future of food have six legs?
- Aug. 31: Marc van Iersel, Can artificial intelligence help feed the world
- Sept. 7: Franklin West, Hope for healing traumatic brain injury
- Sept. 21: Zenglu Li, Building better beans will help feed the world
- Oct. 5: Esther van der Knaap, A natural history of ketchup: the evolution of tomatoes
- Oct. 19: Kevin Vogel, Kissing Bugs: Definitely not Romantic
- Nov. 2: Kristen Navara, The all-powerful influence of moms
- Nov. 16: Luke Mortentsen, Lasers, biotech and broken bones
- Nov. 30: Cecilia McGregor, How better watermelon means better summers
- Dec. 7: Ash Sial, How insect ecology could lead to more sustainable farms