Activities and Events
We are so excited for this Fall and ready to share all the activities we have coming up in 4-H! First of all though, we’d like to say congratulations to our Forestry Judging Team. At the area competition, the Junior Team placed 3rd, the Senior Team placed 1st, and Ann Parker achieved Overall High Individual. Join us in cheering on the Senior Team as they attend the State Competition on October 1st. Please read the following carefully for important upcoming dates and deadlines:
Tuesday, September 20th @5PM-6PM, we’ll be having the monthly Jr/Sr Club Meeting for 4-H’ers in the 7th-12th grade. There will be a Trivia Game, donuts and other snacks, and club news to hear!
o The club’s community service project will be to bring in pop tabs to benefit the Ronald McDonald House.
o The meeting will be held at the Bulloch County 4-H Office (151 Langston Chapel Rd, Statesboro, GA 30458.)
o RSVP your 4-H’er for the meeting using the following link: https://tinyurl.com/4hclubrsvp
It’s time for the Georgia 4-H Foundation Holiday Card Contest! This contest is open to any student in the 4th-12th grade, and it is a perfect opportunity for all our creative 4-H'ers to have a holly jolly time designing holiday cards to be sent out across the state! The top prize is $100! To enter, 4-H’ers must create a card must meet the following requirements:
o Be a HAND-CREATED (not digital) design that features 4-H
o Drawn on an 8.5 x 5.5 inch unlined white sheet of paper
o Cards must be dropped off to the Bulloch 4-H Office by Friday, September 30th!
The Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair is coming up quickly, and it’s time to work on mini-booths! To sign-up to create a mini-booth, call the 4-H Office at 912-871-6130 during office hours (8AM-12PM; 1PM-5PM) by Friday, September 30th.
o To get the mini-booth building at the fairgrounds ready for visitors this year, we will need volunteers to help during Mini-Booth Cleanup Day.
· This will be held Tuesday, October 4th from 4:30PM-5:30PM.
· 4-H’ers can sign-up to help that day at this link https://tinyurl.com/miniboothcleanup
- On Monday, October 3rd @4PM-5PM Bulloch County 4-H will be having Cotton Boll and Consumer Judging Orientation at the 4-H Office! CBCJ is a competitive judging contest where 4-H'ers learn about cotton as an agriculture commodity in our state. 4-H'ers gain skill in making rational decisions when purchasing goods and services while maximizing resources. If you are interested in participating, please RSVP at https://tinyurl.com/2022CBCJ
- On October 7th, 4-H is celebrating one of Bulloch County’s most important commodities at Statesboro’s Ag Night Out. That Friday, we’ll have a booth and face-painting stations. 4-H’ers can volunteer to help with at this link https://tinyurl.com/2022agnightout
- Registration is now open for the 2023 Weekend in the Classic City held on November 12-13. This Georgia 4-H event is a future-focused program for 9th-12th grade 4-H’ers to explore pathways to higher education. The weekend will showcase the University of Georgia in Athens and allows youth to gather a firsthand experience of campus and higher education. A tentative schedule has been attached to this email.
- Registration is $100 to cover lodging, transportation to UGA, a t-shirt, lunch, and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday. Please note that this will not include lunch on Sunday, and 4-H’ers will need to bring money with them for that meal.
- ESSENTIAL TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION: Participating 4-H’ers will be responsible for their own transportation to Rock Eagle on Saturday, but can ride back with Bulloch County 4-H on Sunday afternoon.
- Registration is open until Monday, October 26th, however this event has a limited number of space available, and the cap may be reached prior to the deadline.
- Sign-ups are open for Junior Conference held at Rock Eagle on November 12-13! Junior Conference is a statewide event open to any 7th-8th grade 4-H’er. Over the weekend, 4-H’ers will attend educational workshops and meet other students from all over Georgia as they participate in recreation and community service activities.
- Registration is $95 to cover lodging, transportation, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday. Please note that this will not include lunch on Sunday, and 4-H’ers will need to bring money with them for that meal.
- Sign-ups are open until October 26th, so call the 4-H Office at 912-871-6130 to reserve your spot today!
- The following information applies only to 4-H’ers in grades 9-12: If you are a 9th-12th grade 4-H’er, you may have the opportunity to attend Junior Conference as well! Senior 4-H’ers who have completed Certified Teen Leader Training may apply for a leadership role at Junior Conference by using the following link: https://tinyurl.com/22TeenLeaderJrConfApp. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, October 20th. Cost will be $50 for those Senior 4-H’ers approved to attend.