UGA Family and Consumer Science agents in many Georgia counties provide programs that teach the how-to's of canning, freezing and/or drying of foods, as well as making jams and jellies and pickled foods. The program is delivered via hands-on workshops, demonstrations and presentations.
This program is offered through county Extension offices in Georgia. Contact your local office to see about availability in your county.Contact Your County Office
Related Programs and Services UGA Extension offers a variety of food-related programs and services for the home and small business.
- Better Process Control School
- Food Safety for Civic Groups & Churches
- Food Safety for Concession Stands
- HACCP Certification Short Course for Meat & Poultry
- Nutrition Facts Panel
- Process Approval for Food Products
- Product Classification
- ServSafe® Training
- Starting a New Food Business in Georgia