The Master Cattlemen's program delivers a practical, science-based production management curriculum to Georgia's beef producers. University of Georgia Extension Agents work with industry experts to deliver classes on beef cattle topics such as nutrition, facilities, forages, economics, marketing, foreign animal diseases, agro-terrorism, general herd health, external parasites, reproduction, Beef Quality Assurance, sire selection, record keeping and Georgia Cattlemen's Association goals. Participants meet one night a week for eight weeks. Over the eight week period, attendees learn and discuss current issues, meet industry experts, and network with area producers. The program is held in the fall and winter of each year.
This program is offered through county Extension offices in Georgia. Contact your local office to see about availability in your county.Contact Your County Office
For general information about this program, visit the website.Visit Website
Related Programs and Services UGA Extension offers a number of educational opportunities, testing services, and consultation for farmers, growers, and landscapers.
- Beef Cattle Short Courses
- Bull and Heifer Evaluation and Reproductive Development (HERD) Program
- Georgia Beef Challenge
- GrassMasters Program
- Integrated Pest Management Program
- Lab Testing and Analysis Services
- Master Goat Farmer
- On-Site and Telephone Consultation
- Pesticide Safety Education Program
- Poultry Conferences and Workshops
- Production Meetings
- Sports Turfgrass Management Certificate