If you plan to process and package the food product yourself in a licensed and inspected commercial kitchen facility, you may need to get a process approval. The Georgia Department of Agriculture (GDA) requires that certain types of food items offered for sale within the State of Georgia have a letter of process approval from a certified food processing authority, like the UGA Extension Food Science specialists.
For more information, visit the service website.Extension Food Science Website
Related Programs and Services UGA Extension offers a variety of food-related programs and services for the home and small business.
- Better Process Control School
- Food Safety for Civic Groups & Churches
- Food Safety for Concession Stands
- HACCP Certification Short Course for Meat & Poultry
- Home Food Preservation Classes
- Nutrition Facts Panel
- Product Classification
- ServSafe® Training
- Starting a New Food Business in Georgia