This four-day food safety training course is offered in March by University of Georgia specialists on the UGA Campus in Athens. The Better Process Control School provides instruction which fulfills the FDA and USDA Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements to certify supervisors of acidification, thermal processing, and container closure evaluation operations during the canning of low-acid or acidified foods. A two and one-half-day course for acidified foods is also offered in November.
For more information, visit the program website.Extension Food Science Website
Related Programs and Services UGA Extension offers a variety of food-related programs and services for the home and small business.
- Food Safety for Civic Groups & Churches
- Food Safety for Concession Stands
- HACCP Certification Short Course for Meat & Poultry
- Home Food Preservation Classes
- Nutrition Facts Panel
- Process Approval for Food Products
- Product Classification
- ServSafe® Training
- Starting a New Food Business in Georgia