Extension helps consumers make confident and informed food selection and preparation decisions, considering information about nutrition, food quality, composition and safety, food costs, production methods and processing technologies.
- Preserving Food Series: Pickled Products
- Basics of Sausage Making: Formulation, Processing and Safety
- So Easy To Preserve
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: What to Eat for Breakfast?
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Appropriate Portion Sizes
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Tips for Serving Smaller Portions
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: A Variety of Foods for Picky Eaters
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Healthy Eating on a Budget
- Winemaking at Home
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Judges choose 33 finalists for UGA's 2016 Flavor of Georgia contest
- Make homemade fruit roll-up snacks using a food dehydrator, UGA Extension recipe
- UGA nutrition expert applauds latest federal dietary guidelines
- Time is running short to register for UGA's 2016 Flavor of Georgia Food Product Contest
- Harmful bacteria can survive in sandwich crackers, cookies for months, UGA study finds
- UGA Cooperative Extension training Georgia's food industry on the importance of food safety
- The holidays are coming, so let's talk turkey
- Healthy holiday favorites help families indulge without feeling guilty
- Kitchen utensils can spread bacteria between foods, UGA study finds
- UGA researchers lead workshop for potential food product developers
- Food Selection, Buying & Preparation
Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to selecting, buying, and preparing food.
- Food Marketing Institute
FMI provides leadership to retailers and wholesalers of food and consumer products, as well as to their supplier partners, by fostering their growth and promoting their role in feeding families and enriching the lives of their customers.
FoodSafety.gov is the gateway to food safety information provided by government agencies.
- International Food Information Council (IFIC) Foundation
The International Food Information Council Foundation provides food safety, nutrition, and healthful eating information to help you make good and safe food choices.
- USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service
The Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is the public health agency in the U.S. Department of Agriculture responsible for ensuring that the nation's commercial supply of meat, poultry, and egg products is safe, wholesome, and correctly labeled and packaged.
UGA Extension offers training within local communities on a wide array of topics. To see if there are training events in your area, please visit our calendar.
- The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
A program that helps parents feed their children healthier meals and snacks, save money on food, and reduce the risk of food-borne illness. Nutrition education is also provided to youth ages 4-18.