Nutrition & Health
Extension provides unbiased, research-based information to help individuals and their families live healthier, happier lives.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Avian Academy Module: Poultry Nutrition
- A Simplified Guide to Creating Nutrition Facts Labels
- Is Your Label Gluten Free?
- Safety for Hispanic Landscape Workers
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Drinking Water is Important
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: How Much Water Should You Drink?
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Water Helps Children Succeed
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Eating a Variety of Foods is Healthy!
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Eating a Variety of Foods can be Fun!
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Breakfast Fuels Your Day
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Healthy Breakfast Feeds the Brain
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: What to Eat for Breakfast?
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Eat Breakfast Together
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Making Breakfast can be Fun
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: It's Important to Stop When You're Full
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: What Does Full Feel Like?
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Appropriate Portion Sizes
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Free nutrition classes offered across Georgia through UGA's SNAP-Ed program
- Too cold and dark to get outside? Mall walking helps people stay active during the winter months.
- Georgia students recognized as part of National Radon Action Month
- History of Rock Eagle 4-H Center chronicled in new book
- Five tips for a healthier you in the new year
- UGA Extension helps two Georgia counties secure funding to fight obesity
- Ring in the new year with a less cluttered, more organized home
- New Year's Resolution? Walk Georgia ready to help Georgians get fit in 2017
- The air is clearing, but smoke from Appalachian wildfires may still pose a health risk
- UGA receives CDC grant to boost prevention efforts in Georgia's high-obesity counties
A program designed to promote independence for agricultural workers with chronic health conditions and disabilities.
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
A program that helps parents feed their children healthier meals and snacks, save money on food, and reduce the risk of food-borne illness. Nutrition education is also provided to youth ages 4-18.
Recipes, cooking videos, educational games and lessons, and plenty of resources to help you make healthy food and physical activity choices for your whole family as well as Online and Instructor Lead Learning as part of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education.
- Hot Topics: Childhood Health
A collection of reports and news stories related to children's health.
- Nutrition and Health
Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to nutrition and health.
- Walk Georgia
Get healthy and have fun with this interactive health and fitness program.
- Zero Weight Gain Challenge
- The American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem.
- The American Diabetes Association
Organization dedicated to preventing and curing diabetes and to improving the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
- The National Diabetes Education Program
NDEP translates the latest science and spreads the word that diabetes is serious, common, and costly, yet controllable and, for type 2, preventable.
- The Centers for Disease Control
CDC's Division of Diabetes Translation translates diabetes research into daily practice to understand the impact of the disease, influence health outcomes, and improve access to quality health care.