Nutrition & Health
Extension provides unbiased, research-based information to help individuals and their families live healthier, happier lives.
- General Health
- Foods and Nutrition for Seniors
- Nutrition for Families
- Special Nutrition for Disease
- Weight Control and Exercise
- Household Water Quality: Coliform Bacteria in Your Water
- Protect Yourself from Ticks
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and enviromental sciences.
- AgrAbility helping farmers get back to work
- UGA researcher looks to create foods that help solve health concerns
- Metro-Atlanta students learn about the origins of pizza at the State Farmers Market May 8 and 9
- FDA to inspect cantaloupe packinghouses
- UGA nutrient researcher wins Russell Award for nurturing young minds
- Atlanta chocolatier wins first place at the 2013 Flavor of Georgia contest
- AmeriCorps grants provide workers for Georgia 4-H offices
- Nutrition label turns 20, but still holds some mysteries
- Give the gift of a healthy home this Christmas
- UGA teen driver safety program earns national recognition
A program designed to promote independence for agricultural workers with chronic health conditions and disabilities.
- Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
A program that helps parents feed their children healthier meals and snacks, save money on food, and reduce the risk of food-borne illness. Nutrition education is also provided to youth ages 4-18.
- Hot Topics: Childhood Health
A collection of reports and news stories related to children's health.
- Nutrition and Health
Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to nutrition and health.
- Walk Georgia
Get healthy and have fun with this interactive health and fitness program.
- Zero Weight Gain Holiday Challenge
- The American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem.
- The American Diabetes Association
Organization dedicated to preventing and curing diabetes and to improving the lives of all people affected by diabetes.
- The National Diabetes Education Program
NDEP translates the latest science and spreads the word that diabetes is serious, common, and costly, yet controllable and, for type 2, preventable.
- The Centers for Disease Control
CDC's Division of Diabetes Translation translates diabetes research into daily practice to understand the impact of the disease, influence health outcomes, and improve access to quality health care.