UGA Extension offers information and programs for professionals, parents, and other caregivers on the developmental needs of, and healthy strategies to care for, infants, toddlers, and young children.
- The Basics
- Prime Times for Learning
- What Parents Can Do
- What Child Care Can Do
- Learning Language
- The Role of Music
- Is Breast Milk Best?
- What to Eat When You're Expecting
- Nurturing Positive Relationships
- The Importance of Play
- Creating Consistency
- Buffering the Brain From Toxic Stress
- Drinking Water is Important
- How Much Water Should You Drink?
- Water Helps Children Succeed
- Eating a Variety of Foods is Healthy!
- Eating a Variety of Foods can be Fun!
- Breakfast Fuels Your Day
- Healthy Breakfast Feeds the Brain
- What to Eat for Breakfast?
To see other publications, go to the Extension Publications site.
Summertime is tick time in Georgia
It is summer, and outdoor activities are on the menu. Make sure you do not end up on the menu of a blood-sucking travel partner when you are out and about, say University of Georgia experts.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Georgia 4-H performing arts group seeks donations through GeorgiaFunder website
- Jennifer Nettles named honorary chair, host for 2015 Georgia 4-H Gala
- Twelve ways to get jolly without the jiggle
- UGA Traffic Injury Prevention Institute awarded grant for statewide education programs
- UGA Extension agent teaching positive financial habits to Lanier County students
- Austin French credits Georgia 4-H for newfound stardom
- UGA CAES featured prominently in this year's Expo
- Two Bleckley County 4-H members to attend Distracted Driving Prevention Summit
- Jackson County 4-H archery team wins national title
- Student-planted garden provides produce for Rock Eagle guests
- Child Care Quality Matters!
An interactive resource for parents looking for child care. The site answers some key questions about high-quality child care, and includes an interactive guide to help you find the types of child care programs that best meet your familyâ€™s needs.
- Early Childhood Development & Child Care
Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to early childhood development and childcare.
- Hot Topics: Childhood Health
A collection of reports and news stories related to children's health.
- Impact Statements: Childhood Development
&practices related to childhood development.
- Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care & Learning
Bright from the Start administers the nationally recognized Georgiaâ€™s Pre-K Program, licenses child care centers and home-based child care, administers federal nutrition programs, and manages voluntary quality enhancement programs.
- Georgia Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies
A non-profit membership organization composed of 6 regional Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (CCR&Rs) serving the state of Georgia.
- Georgia Association on Young Children
Encourages and supports healthy development in young children by working with others to increase public awareness of the importance of early childhood education, and to improve the quality of programs for young children through learning opportunities for early childhood educators.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
NAEYC and its members are a leading voice for early childhood education to Congress and other federal entities, governors and state legislatures, state and local agencies, and other policy makers throughout the country.
- National Head Start Association
An organization advocating for early education for vulnerable children and families.
UGA Extension offers training within local communities on a wide array of topics. To see if there are training events in your area, please visit our calendar.
- Better Brains for Babies
A collaboration of state and local, public and private organizations dedicated to promoting awareness and education about the importance of early brain development.
- Child Care Provider Training
UGA Extension offers training to child care providers and teachers, center directors, and family child care providers, including "Super Saturday" and Early Childhood Institute classes.
- Teaching Basic Health & Safety in the Early Childhood Classroom
An integrated, hands-on curriculum and training program designed to teach simple health and safety messages to 3- to 5-year-olds in early childhood programs through age-appropriate activities.