UGA Extension offers information and programs for professionals, parents, and other caregivers on the developmental needs of, and healthy strategies to care for, infants, toddlers, and young children.
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Comer una Variedad de Alimentos es Sano
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Comer una Variedad de Alimentos Puede ser Divertido
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: El Desayuno es el Combustible para su Día
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Un Desayuno Sano Alimenta el Cerebro
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: ¿Qué Comer en el Desayuno?
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Desayune
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Hacer el Desayuno Puede ser Divertido
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Es Importante Dejar de Comer Cuando Estamos Llenos
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: ¿Cómo se siente estar lleno?
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Tamaños Adecuados de las Porciones
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Consejos para Servir Porciones Más Pequeñas
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Por Qué es Importante Dejar de Comer Cuando Estamos Llenos
- Coma Saludable Mantengase Activo Series: Una Variedad de Alimentos para Niños Quisquillosos o Exigentes
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
Summertime is tick time in Georgia
It is summer, and outdoor activities are on the menu. Make sure you do not end up on the menu of a blood-sucking travel partner when you are out and about, say University of Georgia experts.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Poverty simulations provide real-life scenarios for Georgia residents
- History of Rock Eagle 4-H Center chronicled in new book
- The air is clearing, but smoke from Appalachian wildfires may still pose a health risk
- Neurodevelopmental model of Zika may provide rapid answers
- Georgia 4-H volunteer recognized with top national service award
- Georgia 4-H celebrates National 4-H Week Oct. 2-8
- UGA Griffin students lead science experiment for Griffin High School students
- Georgia 4-H members need pop tabs to reach 15-year goal for Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Master 4-H'ers credit Georgia 4-H for teaching them public speaking, leadership skills
- Home plumbing can contribute to lead in tap water but UGA Extension can help
- Child Care Quality Matters!
An interactive resource for parents looking for child care. The site answers some key questions about high-quality child care, and includes an interactive guide to help you find the types of child care programs that best meet your familyâ€™s needs.
- Early Childhood Development & Child Care
Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to early childhood development and childcare.
- Hot Topics: Childhood Health
A collection of reports and news stories related to children's health.
- Impact Statements: Childhood Development
&practices related to childhood development.
- Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care & Learning
Bright from the Start administers the nationally recognized Georgiaâ€™s Pre-K Program, licenses child care centers and home-based child care, administers federal nutrition programs, and manages voluntary quality enhancement programs.
- Georgia Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies
A non-profit membership organization composed of 6 regional Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (CCR&Rs) serving the state of Georgia.
- Georgia Association on Young Children
Encourages and supports healthy development in young children by working with others to increase public awareness of the importance of early childhood education, and to improve the quality of programs for young children through learning opportunities for early childhood educators.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
NAEYC and its members are a leading voice for early childhood education to Congress and other federal entities, governors and state legislatures, state and local agencies, and other policy makers throughout the country.
- National Head Start Association
An organization advocating for early education for vulnerable children and families.
UGA Extension offers training within local communities on a wide array of topics. To see if there are training events in your area, please visit our calendar.
- Better Brains for Babies
A collaboration of state and local, public and private organizations dedicated to promoting awareness and education about the importance of early brain development.
- Child Care Provider Training
UGA Extension offers training to child care providers and teachers, center directors, and family child care providers, including "Super Saturday" and Early Childhood Institute classes.