UGA Extension offers information and programs for professionals, parents, and other caregivers on the developmental needs of, and healthy strategies to care for, infants, toddlers, and young children.
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Basics
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Prime Times for Learning
- Building Baby's Brain Series: What Parents Can Do
- Building Baby's Brain Series: What Child Care Can Do
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Learning Language
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Role of Music
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Is Breast Milk Best?
- Building Baby's Brain Series: What to Eat When You're Expecting
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Nurturing Positive Relationships
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Importance of Play
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Creating Consistency
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Buffering the Brain From Toxic Stress
- Eat Healthy, Be Active Series: Drinking Water is Important
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
Summertime is tick time in Georgia
It is summer, and outdoor activities are on the menu. Make sure you do not end up on the menu of a blood-sucking travel partner when you are out and about, say University of Georgia experts.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Georgia 4-H, CDC, USDA work together to teach children about animal diseases
- Turner County brothers win top spots in Georgia 4-H Watermelon Growing Contest
- Parents need to keep track of social media trends in order to keep kids safe
- UGA expert: Talking with kids about race can be healthy, constructive
- "After-school recess" sneaks in a few extra hours of physical activity into the school-year routine
- National Center for Home Food Preservation launches youth canning curriculum: "Put it Up!"
- UGA Radon Education Program hosts poster contest to raise awareness
- UGA Cooperative Extension focusing efforts on Georgia's community and school gardens
- Gov. Deal encourages Georgia 4-H'ers to protect Americans' freedoms
- Georgia 4-H, city of Pembroke help community earn State Farm grant
- Child Care Quality Matters!
An interactive resource for parents looking for child care. The site answers some key questions about high-quality child care, and includes an interactive guide to help you find the types of child care programs that best meet your familyâ€™s needs.
- Early Childhood Development & Child Care
Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to early childhood development and childcare.
- Hot Topics: Childhood Health
A collection of reports and news stories related to children's health.
- Impact Statements: Childhood Development
&practices related to childhood development.
- Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care & Learning
Bright from the Start administers the nationally recognized Georgiaâ€™s Pre-K Program, licenses child care centers and home-based child care, administers federal nutrition programs, and manages voluntary quality enhancement programs.
- Georgia Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies
A non-profit membership organization composed of 6 regional Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies (CCR&Rs) serving the state of Georgia.
- Georgia Association on Young Children
Encourages and supports healthy development in young children by working with others to increase public awareness of the importance of early childhood education, and to improve the quality of programs for young children through learning opportunities for early childhood educators.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
NAEYC and its members are a leading voice for early childhood education to Congress and other federal entities, governors and state legislatures, state and local agencies, and other policy makers throughout the country.
- National Head Start Association
An organization advocating for early education for vulnerable children and families.
UGA Extension offers training within local communities on a wide array of topics. To see if there are training events in your area, please visit our calendar.
- Better Brains for Babies
A collaboration of state and local, public and private organizations dedicated to promoting awareness and education about the importance of early brain development.
- Child Care Provider Training
UGA Extension offers training to child care providers and teachers, center directors, and family child care providers, including "Super Saturday" and Early Childhood Institute classes.