Adult & Family Development
UGA Extension helps families thrive with information for professionals and adults on fostering healthy couple relationships, positive parent-child relationships, and the care of aging adults.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- The National Extension Relationship and Marriage Education Model: Core Teaching Concepts for Relationship and Marriage Enrichment Programming
- Poison Look-Alikes: Tips to Prevent Accidental Poisoning at All Ages
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Basics
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Prime Times for Learning
- Building Baby's Brain Series: What Parents Can Do
- Building Baby's Brain Series: What Child Care Can Do
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Learning Language
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Role of Music
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Is Breast Milk Best?
- Building Baby's Brain Series: What to Eat When You're Expecting
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Nurturing Positive Relationships
- Building Baby's Brain Series: The Importance of Play
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Creating Consistency
- Building Baby's Brain Series: Buffering the Brain From Toxic Stress
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Parents need to keep track of social media trends in order to keep kids safe
- UGA expert: Talking with kids about race can be healthy, constructive
- National Center for Home Food Preservation launches youth canning curriculum: "Put it Up!"
- UGA Radon Education Program hosts poster contest to raise awareness
- UGA Cooperative Extension focusing efforts on Georgia's community and school gardens
- Walk Georgia program improving lives of Georgia residents
- Registration underway for 2015 Georgia 4-H summer camp
- Tablets make great learning tools for kids, but parents should be vigilant
- UGA study finds low weight gain in pregnant women reduces male fetal survival
- Twelve ways to get jolly without the jiggle
- Adult and Family Development
Family and Consumer Sciences' Extension information related to parenting, caregiving, marriage, and seniors.
- Impact Statements: Adult & Family Development
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge and practices related to adult and family development.
UGA Extension offers training within local communities on a wide array of topics. To see if there are training events in your area, please visit our calendar.