This site is designed to enhance the understanding of issues related to water. Users will find information on programs that are being offered through the Southern Regional Water Program, and news about EPA's Region 4 wetlands, pesticides, groundwater, surface water, drinking water, nonpoint source, and air quality programs.
Commercial and Professional Publications
- Anticipating Drought on Rainfed Farms in the Southeast
- Blueberry Irrigation Water Quality
- Greenhouse*A*Syst Series: Water Source Use and Expansion Assessment
- Greenhouse*A*Syst Series: Irrigation and Technology Assessment
- Greenhouse*A*Syst Series: Water Management Assessment
- Greenhouse*A*Syst Series: Water Quality Assessment
- Greenhouse*A*Syst Series: Water Recycling and Water Reuse Assessment
- Greenhouse*A*Syst Series: Water Use Regulation, Legislative Awareness and Company Water Policy Assessment
- Calibration of Center Pivot Irrigation Systems for Wastewater Applications
- Center Pivot Calibration for Wastewater: A Field Reference Guide
- Spring Center Pivot and Lateral Irrigation System Preparation
- Understanding Laboratory Wastewater Tests: I. ORGANICS (BOD, COD, TOC, O&G)
- Factors to Consider in Selecting a Farm Irrigation System
- Sampling Irrigation Water for Blueberry Production
- Household Water Quality Series: Disinfecting Your Well Water: Shock Chlorination
- Household Water Quality Series: Protecting Your Well and Wellhead
- Household Water Quality Series: Home Water Quality and Treatment
- Household Water Quality Series: Testing for Water Quality
- Community and School Gardens Series: Sources of Water for the Garden
- Community and School Gardens Series: Irrigation
- Drip Irrigation in the Home Vegetable Garden
- Drip Irrigation Check List: Winterization
- Drip Irrigation Check List: Start-Up
- Iron (Manganese) and Sulfur Bacteria in Your Well Water
- Household Water Quality Series: Radon in Your Water
- Water-wise Landscape Guide for the Georgia Piedmont
To see a full list of publications, visit the Extension Publications site.
For the latest news about Extension, visit Georgia FACES. News you can use about Georgia family, agricultural, consumer and environmental sciences.
- Do-it-yourself irrigation on a budget
- UGA advises farmers to check irrigation systems for maintenance issues now
- Damaged irrigation pivots leave farmers without key farming tools
- UGA Cooperative Extension helping in south Georgia storm relief efforts
- Recent rainfall providing hope for Georgia farmers
- UGA Tifton set to host annual Peanut Farm Show
- Drought expanded across Georgia during November
- Extended fall drought could have effect on cover crops
- Plan landscape with a long term goal of saving water
- New landscape plants can be installed under water restrictions
- Every Drop Counts
Water conservation tips, posted daily, are designed to help the UGA community and others use water more efficiently.
- Georgia Drought
Summary of the current status of drought in Georgia. This site also features statewide outdoor water use schedules in addition to links to climatological data, outlooks, a news archive, and other related topics.
- Impact Statements: Water
Descriptions of Extension efforts to improve knowledge & practices related to water.
- Water and Drought
Resource of information covering water and droughts, which includes related impact statements and reports, and relevant articles from the UGA FACES site.
- National Water Program
creates and disseminates knowledge that insures a safe and reliable source of water of the appropriate quality throughout the United States and its territories. Site includes information about research, education, and extension programs.
- Southern Regional Water Program
Site that applies knowledge to improve water quality in New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina. It features program areas, reports and resources, success stories, regional links, contacts, partners, youth programs and information, and related links.
UGA Extension offers training within local communities on a wide array of topics. To see if there are training events in your area, please visit our calendar.
- UF Water Conservation Webinar Series
Presents extension programs that focus on residential water conservation and water quality issues. Extension specialists and agents in different southern states will discuss successes and challenges facing extension programs that target homeowner practices.