4-H Youth Development
4-H Age Divisions
4-H is open to all youth, ages 9 - 19.
- Cloverbuds (or pre-club) are youth in K - 3.
- Cloverleaf 4-H'ers are youth in 5th and 6th grade.
- Junior 4-H'ers are youth in 7th and 8th grade
- Senior 4-H'ers are youth in 9th through 12th grade.
- All 5th-6th grade students are enrolled in Wayne County 4-H because 4-H is a part of the normal school enrichment. We meet monthly in 5th grade science classes and in 6th grade social studies/ science classes.
- 9th-12th graders can enroll in 4-H during club rush at the high school or by stopping by the 4-H office. We hold monthly after-school meetings for the Junior/Senior Club.
- Students who are home-schooled may participate in all 4-H activities for their age group.
It is free to join 4-H in Wayne County. All 4-H'ers must have a current enrollment form on file at the Wayne County Extension office. In addition, 4-H'ers who participate outside of the classroom meetings must have a 4-H Code of Conduct form on file.
Join our Instagram & Facebook Pages!
Wayne County GA 4-H
*Please note that these are private pages and you must request to be a member because it is a closed group!
Parents sign up for Remind to keep up with announcements and reminders about what is coming up with our Cloverleaf & Junior/Senior 4-Her's!!
Remind App for Cloverleaf 4-H (5-6 Grade): Text 81010 and put @964fg3 as the text message!
Remind App for JR/SR 4-H (7-12 Grade): Text 81010 and put @3hkhad as the text message!
Become a 4-H Volunteer.....Volunteers help grow our Future Leaders!
4-H is always in need of Adult volunteers to assist in helping to run 4-H Project Clubs, community events and chaperone youth on various 4-H trips.
5 Reasons to Volunteer with 4-H:
1. Develop New Skills (Become certified in one of the 4-H Project Club areas)
2. Help a cause that you are passionate about
3. Meet new people.
4. Connect with local community.
5. Expand your horizons
Community Service Opportunities
Starting October 2018: Gather all your loose change and let your pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters make a difference in the lives of animals waiting on heir future homes! All funds collected will be donated to our local WC ARF Animal Shelter to help them with expenses and the care of animals waiting on their new "FUR-EVER HOMES"!
The Giving Garden
Wayne County started these above ground garden beds back in 2013. This garden is one of our community service projects that both Junior and Senior 4-Her's work beside our Agricultural Agent and CEC to grow healthy home grown vegetables, herbs and fruit. The produce is then donated to local churches and food kitchens to offer home cooked vegetables and produce to the less fortunate in Wayne County.
Throughout the summer months the garden is planted with fresh summer vegetables by CEC Mark Frye and Local Service Center Members who wanted the opportunity to plant and maintain a garden from start to finish. This summer program is known as the Giving Garden's Hand-N-Hand Learning in AG. The residents have been excited since the beginning and this summer's crop in the above ground beds are definitely shaping up to be bountiful!
Our New 4-H Theme for 2018-2019:
Wayne County 4-H Activities
- Developing a Demonstration: DPA Preparation
- September 2018 Cloverleaf Newsletter
- September 2018 JR/SR Newsletter
- Junior Conference Flyer
- October 2018 Cloverleaf Newsletter
- October 2018 JR/SR Newsletter
- November 2018 Cloverleaf Newsletter
- November 2018 JR/SR Newsletter
- Rada Fundraiser: 4-H Camp Fundraiser #1
Contact our office at 912-427-5955 for more information or check out our Wayne County GA 4-H Facebook Page to complete your order online today!!!! Limited time to help raise money and earn commission towards Camp costs!!!!!
Wayne County 4-H Week: Cake Contest
Sponsored by The Press Sentinel
Wayne County 4-H Week: School Pride
Wayne County High School
Wayne County 4-H Project Clubs
Teen Leaders are truly life-savers for both staff, Project Club leaders, Volunteer leaders and even counselors at 4-H events! Having Teen Leaders in 4-H is important because they are closer to the younger youth's ages and they can relate easier to younger members. Do you think you have what it takes to help build and make the best even better? Stop by our 4-H office today and find out when the next training is scheduled!
Horse Club 2018-19
Offers 4-H youth 5th through 12th grade the opportunity to show off their riding skills. Riders are judged on their horsemanship abilities. Each member can choose between different riding styles such as saddle seat, hunt seat, and western pleasure.
Market Hog Show
In November, members choose their pigs that they will raise and show in February. The goal of the project is to produce a heavy muscled, lean market pig. In showmanship,
members are judged on how well they present their pig to the judge. In classes, the pigs are judged based upon body soundness, structure and conformation.
Project S.A.F.E. Clubs
Wayne County 4-H Archery Team
The 4-H Archery Team is open to 5th-12th grade 4-H members. 4-H'ers choose between shooting a compound or recurve bow. Practices are held twice a week at the 4-H office. Team members are coached by certified 4-H Archery coaches and compete in both District and State matches.
Below are some of 4-H's most broadly useful resources from the Georgia 4-H website. Please contact us for more information about participating in any of these programs through this county office.