Agriculture & Natural Resources
Agriculture is Georgia’s economic lifeblood. From poultry to peanuts and landscape to livestock, all of Georgia’s 159 counties are impacted by agriculture. Seminole County is primarily row crop farming, as you can see from the map below, with the main crops being Peanuts, Corn and Cotton. We have two large agricultural business, which also provide jobs, one is a peanut processing plant and the other manufactures agricultural equipment.
• State Wide Variety Test
• Southern Region Small Fruit Resources
• UGA Beef Programs
• UGA Turf Page
• UGA Urban Ag Home Page
• UGA Weed Science
Other Useful Links
• CDMS- Chemical Label Resource
• Center for Agribusiness & Development
• Georgia Weather Net System
• Georgia Agribusiness Council
• Pesticide Certification Information
Below are some of UGA Extension's most broadly useful resources for those involved in agriculture on the farm, in schools, and around the home.