Cotton Boll Consumer Jamboree
This program includes the following objectives: Help 4-Hers to understand the importance of cotton as an agricultural commodity; help 4-Hers make knowledgeable, rational decisions when purchasing goods and services; teach 4-Hers to select, use, maintain and dispose of goods and services in ways that maximize resources, and teach 4-Hers how to obtain clothing. 4-Hers will learn how to communicate reasons for choices made.
Project Achievement helps 4-H'ers develop both oral and written communication skills while becoming knowledgeable in their topic of interest. The official objectives of project achievement are:
1. To acquire an understanding of subject matter in a project area.
2. To develop skills in researching, assembling and presenting information.
3. To provide opportunities for 4-H members to develop integrity,
sportsmanship, cooperation, poise and self-confidence.
4. To help 4-H members develop skills in leadership and communication.
5. To stimulate interest in continuing involvement in 4-H.
Project S.A.F.E. (Shooting Awareness, Fun and Education) is an active program, attractive to youth and adult audiences. The program is curriculum based and designed to assist young people in personal development, establish a personal environmental ethic and explore life-long vocational and avocational activities. The program uses experiential learning and positive interactions with youth and adult role models to help young people develop self-concept, self-assurance and a positive self-image.