4-H Youth Development
Morgan County Trifold Informational Brochure
Required Forms for most 4-H activities/events
- Medical Information & Release (This 4-H form is turned-in for most 4-H events)
- Code of Conduct Form (This 4-H form is completed once a year)
- 4-H Annual Enrollment Card (This 4-H form is completed once a year. Select the one for your child's grade in school):
What's going on with Morgan County 4-H?
Chocolate Covered Clovers!!!!!
Saturday, May 5, 2018 1:00-4:00
4-H Office, 440 Hancock Street
A great way for youth to learn basic chocolate melting and
Hands on lessons will include:
*Kitchen and Food Safety Information
*Fun & Easy ways to Prepare Chocolate Creations
* Community Service Projects
$25 includes chocolate gift creations
*Deadline to register—April 27th
Only 20 spots available
It's Time to Order Your 2018 Vidalia Onions!
>>>>See details under Fundraising below!
- Jr. Rally Earlybird Registration Deadline, Friday, April 13, 2018 (see below for forms and additional info.)
- Goats and Lambs must be registered with 4-H by July 1, 2018 for the coming show season.
Upcoming Events: Call the Extension/4-H Office for more information on these events: 706-342-2214.
- Chocolate Covered Clovers, Saturday, May 5, 2018, 1-4 p.m.
- Morgan County 4-H Homeschool Club, Monday, May 7, 2018, 2:30 p.m.
- 4-H Horse Club Meetings, Monday, May 7, 2018. More info. see link below
- 4-H Pumpkin Growing Contest, now until October 25, 2018. Cash prizes to State Winners and T-shirts to first 50 entries. Pumpkin Growing Contest Announcement Flyer
- Junior Rally, April 28-29, 2018
On this page
- Cloverleaf Robotics Club
- Horse Club
- Home School 4-H Club
- Judging Events:
- Junior/Senior 4-H Activities
- Knowledge Quiz Bowls: Diary, Horse
- State Congress
- State Council (9th-12th Grades)
- Showing Livestock with Morgan County 4-H
- Summer Camps--2018 Cloverleaf Camp will be held at Rock Eagle, June 25-29, 2018. check back in February 2018 for more info on 2018 Summer Camps!
- Discount Tickets to Six Flags
- Junior Rally, Saturday-Sunday, April 28-29, 2018, Junior Rally Flyer
- An educational, fun club for homeschoolers! Join our club meetings held at the Morgan County Extension/4-H Office, 440 Hancock Street, Madison, GA
- Meeting Dates for 2018 - >
Next meeting: May 7, 2018, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Contact: Janet Woodard, 706-342-2214.
- Georgia 4-H Home Based Education Resources-
Georgia 4-H Centers schedule events specific for home based families to participate in activities for overnight or day field studies.
>Rock Eagle 4-H Center – 706-484-2899 - http://www.rockeagle4h.org/
Saturday @ the Rock- Takes place on the third Saturday of each month offering different topics such as; Watershed Studies, etc. Open to everyone. For more info check: 2018 Community Programs at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
Morgan County 4-H Project Clubs
Have fun learning about horses. This equine club meets the 2nd Monday of each month during the school calendar year. You don't need to own a horse to be a member! 4th - 12th Grade.
- Learn horse care
- Learn training techniques
- Participate fun field trips
- Perform Community Service projects
Upcoming Important Dates
- Our next 4-H Horse Club meeting will be Monday night, May 7, 2018 Our meeting will start at 6 and end at approximately 7:00 PM.
- State 4-H Horse Show, June 11-16, 2018, Perry, GA
The Georgia State 4-H Horse Show is held each June at the Agricenter in Perry, Georgia. There are no qualifying shows, and you can enter the State Show simply by being a member of your local 4-H club, owning or leasing your horse by March 1 of the current year, and completing the Novice Horseman workbook, which can be obtained through Morgan County Extension/4-H office.
Rules and entry forms for the State 4-H Horse Show can be obtained from your local county Extension office.
Submit the following forms to Lucy Ray:
- Entry forms and fees are due May 4, 2018.
- THANK YOU to everyone who helped with the Time to Ride events this summer. Morgan County 4-H placed 5th in the small population category and won a check for $500!!
Contact the 4-H Office (706) 342-2214 for more information.
Explore the World of Robotics through the Morgan County 4-H Cloverleaf Robotics Club!!!!
4-5 grade Robotics club members will learn design basics and mechanical concepts through monthly sessions led by Senior Morgan County 4-H members. Students may ride the bus from the elementary school to the 4-H office with a parental permission note that is turned in the school.
- Participation fees must be turned in BEFORE any member is permitted to participate in a club Meeting
- Cost: $50.00 2017-2018 school year
- Time: 3:30 to 4:45 p.m.
- Location: Morgan County Elementary School Activity Room
- 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Jamboree (consumer judging
- Become a savvy consumer and made good decisions on spending your money!
- Learn about cotton and its impact on Georgia
- This is a Fall judging team event. Check back in Sept. 2019 for the new schedule and more information.
- Dairy Judging
You will be able to identify cow breeds and evaluate classes of dairy animals and back-up your ranking choices with oral reasons.
This contest is open to all 4-H'ers from all over Georgia ages 9-19. Contest is April 20, 2018. See more info under our Morgan County Horse Club listed above.
- Poultry Judging
- Call for more information: Shannon Cagle (706) 342-2214
As a poultry team member you will examine eggs and judge their quality and be able to candle them to assign a quality grade. You will be able to evaluate live chickens to judge their ability to be a good laying hen.
- 2017 Wildlife Judging Team. Call Janet Woodard (706) 342-2214 for more information.
- team members will learn about wildlife habitat and risks, identify risks and damages and common wildlife and Fisheries Food
- GA 4-H Wildlife Judging Manual
Any questions you can contact Jennifer Moss, email@example.com or call the 4H office at 706-342-2214
*fieldtrips to view livestock may require a later end time.
4-H Educational Events:
- 4-H Junior Rally, April 28-29, 2018, Wahsega 4-H Center, for more information: Junior Rally Flyer 2018
- 4-H Senior Conference, April 7-8, 2018, Rock Eagle 4-H Center, for sign-up form and more information: Senior Conference 2018
- Dairy Quiz Bowl
- Horse Quiz Bowl-
District Project Achievement-Public Speaking and Presentation Skills Competitions
Youth Leadership Programs
- Leadership In Action
- Teen Leaders
Showing Livestock with Morgan County 4-H (tri-fold brochure)
- If you are interested in showing livestock with 4-H we have show teams for the following:
- Market Goats
- Breeding Ewes
- Breeding Does
- Market Hogs
- Registered Beef
- Commercial Dairy Heifers
Call our 4-H office to sign-up. 706.342.2214.
County 4-H Vidalia Onion, March 12-May 16, 2018.
>Pre-Paid Orders only. *Onions will be harvested at the perfect time for best flavor. You will be notified with delivery dates which should be BEFORE May 20th. Orders must be picked up at the Morgan County Extension office.
|Pounds per Bag||Price|
Please select this link: Six Flags Tickets
You will see information on how to log-in to the Six Flags 4-H Special ticket pricing website. You will be able to print your tickets on your printer and take with you to the Park.
To see the dates the park is open and operating hours use this link: sixflags.com
There are no upcoming events at this time.
May 30 - Jun 2 Georgia Officer Training Training for 2018-19 Jr and Sr District officers held at Rock Eagle. Eatonton, GA - (19.0 Miles)
Jun 1 - Jun 2 State 4-H Dairy Quiz Bowl State 4-H Dairy Quiz Bowl Athens, GA - (22.0 Miles)
Jun 4 - Jun 9 Junior Camp (7th - 8th grade, NW/SE Districts) Junior Camp (7th - 8th grade, NW/SE Districts) Hampton, GA - (51.0 Miles)