4-H Youth Development
Morgan County Trifold Informational Brochure
Required Forms for most 4-H activities/events
- Medical Information & Release (This 4-H form is turned-in for most 4-H events)
- Code of Conduct Form (This 4-H form is completed once a year)
- 4-H Annual Enrollment Card (This 4-H form is completed once a year. Select the one for your child's grade in school):
What's going on with Morgan County 4-H?
- 2019 State Commercial Dairy Heifers Entry deadline: November 15, 2018 for the coming show season.
- 2019 Market Hog, Breeding Ewe, Breeding Doe Shows Entry deadline: Dec. 5, 2018
- 2019 Market Hog, Heifer, Steer and Commercial Dairy Recordbooks (for those not going to GA Jr. National Stockshow) due Feb. 4, 2019
Upcoming Events: Call the Extension/4-H Office for more information on these events: 706-342-2214.
- Horse Quiz Bowl Team, First meeting, November 12, 4-5 p.m., Morg. Co. Ext. Office
- Horse Club Meeting, November 27, Field Trip to GA International Horse Park, 4:30 meeting time to travel to event at Morgan Co. Ext. Office
- Cloverleaf DPA-4-5 Grade: Saturday, Nov. 10, 2018, Rock Eagle 4-H Cntr.
- Jr. Conference, Nov. 3-4, 2018, Rock Eagle 4-H Cntr.
- Consumer Judging: Contest Date: November 2018
- National 4-H Congress, Nov. 23-27, 2018, Atlanta, GA
- Fall Forum, Dec. 8-9, 2018, Rock Eagle 4-H Cntr.
On this page
- Cloverleaf Robotics Club
- Horse Club
- Home School 4-H Club
- Judging Events:
- Junior/Senior 4-H Activities
- Knowledge Quiz Bowls: Diary, Horse
- State Congress
- State Council (9th-12th Grades)
- Showing Livestock with Morgan County 4-H
- Summer Camps--2019 Cloverleaf Camp will be held at Camp Burton, Tybee Island. check back in February 2019 for more info on 2019 Summer Camps!
- Discount Tickets to Six Flags
- Junior Conference, 4-H'ers 6th-8th grade, November 3-4, Rock Eagle 4-H Center, Jr Conf. Flyer
- An educational, fun club for homeschoolers! Join our club meetings held at the Morgan County Extension/4-H Office, 440 Hancock Street, Madison, GA
- Meeting Dates for 2018 - >
Next meeting: November 5, 2018, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Contact: Janet Woodard, 706-342-2214.
- Georgia 4-H Home Based Education Resources-
Georgia 4-H Centers schedule events specific for home based families to participate in activities for overnight or day field studies.
>Rock Eagle 4-H Center – 706-484-2899 - http://www.rockeagle4h.org/
Saturday @ the Rock- Takes place on the third Saturday of each month offering different topics such as; Watershed Studies, etc. Open to everyone. For more info check: 2018 Community Programs at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
Morgan County 4-H Project Clubs
Have fun learning about horses. This equine club meets the 2nd Monday of each month during the school calendar year. You don't need to own a horse to be a member! 4th - 12th Grade.
- Learn horse care
- Learn training techniques
- Participate fun field trips
- Perform Community Service projects
Upcoming Important Dates
- 4-H Horse Quiz Bowl Team, first practice: Monday, Nov. 12
4-H Horse Quiz Bowl practice will begin on Monday, November 12th from 4:00-5:00 PM. If you are interested or think you might be interested, come and join us. If that date doesn’t work, please plan on joining us the following Monday at the same time. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Our next 4-H Horse Club meeting will be TUESDAY night, November 27, 2018
Contact the 4-H Office (706) 342-2214 for more information.
Explore the World of Robotics through the Morgan County 4-H Cloverleaf Robotics Club!!!!
4-5 grade Robotics club members will learn design basics and mechanical concepts through monthly sessions led by Senior Morgan County 4-H members. Students may ride the bus from the elementary school to the 4-H office with a parental permission note that is turned in the school. Select this link for the meeting schedule for this year: Club Meeting schedule and sign-up form
- 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Jamboree (Consumer Judging)
- Become a savvy consumer and made good decisions on spending your money!
- Learn about cotton and its impact on Georgia
- This is a Fall judging team event. These Jr and Sr. 4-H teams meet Wednesdays afterschool beginning in September 2018 at the Morgan County 4-H Office. Come Join and learn how to make good buying choices.
- Jr. team 3:30-5:00 p.m (4-8 grade)
- Sr. team 5:30-7:30 p.m (9-12 grade)
- Contest date: November 8, 2018
- Dairy Judging
- Call for more information: Shannon Cagle (706) 342-2214
You will be able to identify cow breeds and evaluate classes of dairy animals and back-up your ranking choices with oral reasons.
- Horse Judging and Hippology
This contest is open to all 4-H'ers from all over Georgia ages 9-19. Contest is April 20, 2018. See more info under our Morgan County Horse Club listed above.
- Poultry Judging
- Call for more information: Shannon Cagle (706) 342-2214
As a poultry team member you will examine eggs and judge their quality and be able to candle them to assign a quality grade. You will be able to evaluate live chickens to judge their ability to be a good laying hen.
- 2018 Wildlife Judging Team. Call Janet Woodard (706) 342-2214 for more information.
- team members will learn about wildlife habitat and risks, identify risks and damages and common wildlife and Fisheries Food
- GA 4-H Wildlife Judging Manual
Any questions you can contact Jennifer Moss, firstname.lastname@example.org or call the 4H office at 706-342-2214
*fieldtrips to view livestock may require a later end time.
4-H Educational Events:
- Junior Conference, Rock Eagle, Nov. 3-4, 2018
- Fall Forum, Rock Eagle, Dec. 8-9, 2018
- Senior Conference, Rock Eagle, April 6-7, 2019
- Dairy Quiz Bowl
- Horse Quiz Bowl-
District Project Achievement-Public Speaking and Presentation Skills Competitions
Youth Leadership Programs
- Leadership In Action
- Certified 4-H Teen Leaders- Next Training, To be Announced, 2018.
Showing Livestock with Morgan County 4-H (tri-fold brochure)
- If you are interested in showing livestock with 4-H we have show teams for the following:
- Market Goats
- Breeding Ewes
- Breeding Does
- Market Hogs
- Registered Beef
- Commercial Dairy Heifers
Call our 4-H office to sign-up. 706.342.2214.
Please select this link: Six Flags Tickets
You will see information on how to log-in to the Six Flags 4-H Special ticket pricing website. You will be able to print your tickets on your printer and take with you to the Park.
To see the dates the park is open and operating hours use this link: sixflags.com
Dec 8 Morgan County Extension Commercial Dairy Heifer Clinic Morgan County Extension will conduct the first of two clinics for commercial dairy heifer program exhibitors to educate them about dairy heifer nutrition, health, and showmanship. Any Georgia 4-H or FFA member showing a commercial dairy heifer is welcome to attend with their animal(s). The first clinic, Saturday, December 8, 2018, will cover basic halter breaking/showmanship, administer vaccines, deworm, weigh and dehorn (if needed) and body condition score heifers. Please note that heifers DO NOT have to be WELL halter broken to attend—-this is a learning experience! Mark your calendars for the second clinic on more advanced skills to be held on Saturday, January 5, 2019. At this clinic participants will progress to more advance showmanship, trim feet and body condition score heifers again. Please RSVP no later than Monday, December 3, 2018 for the first clinic and Monday, December 17, 2018 for the second clinic in order to assure that we have adequate amounts of supplies Madison, GA
Nov 23 - Nov 27 National 4-H Congress National 4-H Congress Atlanta, GA - (56.0 Miles)
Nov 30 - Dec 2 Project SAFE Certified Coaches' Training Project SAFE Certified Coaches' Training Eatonton, GA - (19.0 Miles)
Dec 6 Northeast District 4-H Update Update for Northeast District 4-H Personnel. Athens, GA - (25.0 Miles)