4-H Youth Development
Morgan County Trifold Informational Brochure
Required Forms for most 4-H activities/events
- Medical Information & Release (This 4-H form is turned-in for most 4-H events)
- Code of Conduct Form (This 4-H form is completed once a year)
- 4-H Annual Enrollment Card (This 4-H form is completed once a year. Select the one for your child's grade in school):
What's going on with Morgan County 4-H?
- Sr. Conference Registration Deadline, Friday, March 23, 2018 (see below for forms & info.)
- Jr. Rally Registration Deadline, Friday, April 13, 2018 (see below for forms and additional info.)
- Intent to Show forms for State Horse Show due March 1, 2018
Upcoming Events: Call the Extension/4-H Office for more information on these events: 706-342-2214.
- 4-H Robotics, Riley's Robotics, 4-5 grades. Next meeting: March 22, 2018. Fee $50.00 Stop in a the 4-H office to register.
- Morgan County 4-H Homeschool Club, Monday, March 5, 2018, 2:30 p.m.
- 4-H Horse Club Meetings, Monday, March 12 , 2018. More info. see link below
- Livestock Judging Practices: February 5, 12, 20 27 March 5, 12, 19, 2018
- 4-H SAFE State Outdoor Archery Fundraiser, Madison, April 14 12, 2018
On this page
- Cloverleaf Robotics Club
- Horse Club
- Home School 4-H Club
- Judging Events:
- Junior/Senior 4-H Activities
- Knowledge Quiz Bowls: Diary, Horse
- State Congress
- State Council (9th-12th Grades)
- Showing Livestock with Morgan County 4-H
- Summer Camps--2018 Cloverleaf Camp will be held at Rock Eagle, June 25-29, 2018. check back in February 2018 for more info on 2018 Summer Camps!
- Discount Tickets to Six Flags
- Portfolio final details and submission. Call Extension/4- Office for more details: 706-342-2214
- Junior Rally, Saturday-Sunday, April 28-29, 2018
- Senior Conference, Saturday-Sunday April 4-7, 2018
- An educational, fun club for homeschoolers! Join our club meetings held at the Morgan County Extension/4-H Office, 440 Hancock Street, Madison, GA
- Meeting Dates for Fall Semester 2017 - >
Next meeting: March 5, 2018, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Contact: Janet Woodard, 706-342-2214.
- Georgia 4-H Home Based Education Resources-
Georgia 4-H Centers schedule events specific for home based families to participate in activities for overnight or day field studies.
>Rock Eagle 4-H Center – 706-484-2899 - http://www.rockeagle4h.org/
Saturday @ the Rock- Takes place on the third Saturday of each month offering different topics such as; Watershed Studies, etc. Open to everyone. For more info check: http://www.rockeagle4h.org/ee/community/SaturdayattheRock.html
Morgan County 4-H Project Clubs
Have fun learning about horses. This equine club meets the 2nd Monday of each month during the school calendar year. You don't need to own a horse to be a member! 4th - 12th Grade.
- Learn horse care
- Learn training techniques
- Participate fun field trips
- Perform Community Service projects
Upcoming Important Dates
- Our next 4-H Horse Club meeting will be Monday night, March 12, 2018 Our meeting will start at 6 and end at approximately 7:00 PM.
- State 4-H Horse Show, June 11-16, 2018, Perry, GA
The Georgia State 4-H Horse Show is held each June at the Agricenter in Perry, Georgia. There are no qualifying shows, and you can enter the State Show simply by being a member of your local 4-H club, owning or leasing your horse by March 1 of the current year, and completing the Novice Horseman workbook, which can be obtained through Morgan County Extension/4-H office.
Rules and entry forms for the State 4-H Horse Show can be obtained from your local county Extension office.
Submit the following forms to Lucy Ray:
- Intent to Show Form, which includes Proof of ownership or lease of horses, due March 1, 2018. See above for the form.
- Entry forms and fees are due May 4, 2018.
- THANK YOU to everyone who helped with the Time to Ride events this summer. Morgan County 4-H placed 5th in the small population category and won a check for $500!!
Contact the 4-H Office (706) 342-2214 for more information.
Explore the World of Robotics through the Morgan County 4-H Cloverleaf Robotics Club!!!!
Next Robotics Club Meeting, Thursday, March 22, 2018, 3:30-4:45 p.m. Morgan County Elementary School Activity Room. There are a 2 or 3 spots still open. Please stop in at the Morgan County Extension/4-H office to sign-up and pay the enrollment fee: $50.00
4-5 grade Robotics club members will learn design basics and mechanical concepts through monthly sessions led by Senior Morgan County 4-H members. Students may ride the bus from the elementary school to the 4-H office with a parental permission note that is turned in the school.
- Participation fees must be turned in BEFORE any member is permitted to participate in a club Meeting
- Cost: $50.00 2017-2018 school year
- Time: 3:30 to 4:45 p.m.
- Location: Morgan County Elementary School Activity Room
- Registration Form 2017-2018
- 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Jamboree (consumer judging
- Become a savvy consumer and made good decisions on spending your money!
- Learn about cotton and its impact on Georgia
- This is a Fall judging team event. Check back in Sept. 2019 for the new schedule and more information.
- Dairy Judging
Call for more information: Shannon Cagle (706) 342-2214
You will be able to identify cow breeds and evaluate classes of dairy animals and back-up your ranking choices with oral reasons.
This contest is open to all 4-H'ers from all over Georgia ages 9-19. See more info under our Morgan County Horse Club listed above.
- Poultry Judging
- Meetings, 3:30-5:00 p.m. Fridays, March 2, 9, 16, 2018
- Call for more information: Shannon Cagle (706) 342-2214
- Meetings, 3:30-5:00 p.m. Fridays, March 2, 9, 16, 2018
As a poultry team member you will examine eggs and judge their quality and be able to candle them to assign a quality grade. You will be able to evaluate live chickens to judge their ability to be a good laying hen.
- 2017 Wildlife Judging Team. Call Janet Woodard (706) 342-2214 for more information.
- team members will learn about wildlife habitat and risks, identify risks and damages and common wildlife and Fisheries Food
- Meetings on Sundays, beginning Aug. 27, 2017 at 3:30 p.m.-4:45 p.m. at the Morgan County Extension/4-H office, 440 Hancock Street, Madison, GA
- GA 4-H Wildlife Judging Manual
Monday evenings 3:30 p.m. - 5:30* practices at the Extension/4-H Office, 440 Hancock Street, Madison, GA.
Practices: Feb. 26, March 5, 12, 19, 2018
March 3-Lake Country Livestock Judging Contest, Greene County Ag Arena
March 24-State 4-H Livestock Judging Contest, Athens
Any questions you can contact Jennifer Moss, firstname.lastname@example.org or call the 4H office at 706-342-2214
*fieldtrips to view livestock may require a later end time.
4-H Educational Events:
- 4-H Junior Rally, April 28-29, 2018, Wahsega 4-H Center, for more information: Junior Rally Flyer 2018
- 4-H Senior Conference, April 7-8, 2018, Rock Eagle 4-H Center, for sign-up form and more information: Senior Conference 2018
- Dairy Quiz Bowl
- Horse Quiz Bowl-
District Project Achievement-Public Speaking and Presentation Skills Competitions
Youth Leadership Programs
- Leadership In Action
- Teen Leaders
Showing Livestock with Morgan County 4-H (tri-fold brochure)
- If you are interested in showing livestock with 4-H we have show teams for the following:
- Market Goats
- Breeding Ewes
- Breeding Does
- Market Hogs
- Registered Beef
- Commercial Dairy Heifers
Call our 4-H office to sign-up. 706.342.2214.
back soon for details on our Spring Fundraising Events
Please select this link: Six Flags Tickets
You will see information on how to log-in to the Six Flags 4-H Special ticket pricing website. You will be able to print your tickets on your printer and take with you to the Park.
To see the dates the park is open and operating hours use this link: sixflags.com
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Feb 21 - Feb 26 Georgia Junior National Livestock Show Georgia Junior National Livestock Show Perry - (81.0 Miles)
Mar 2 - Mar 5 NW Project Achievement for grades 7-12 Project Achievement for grades 7-12 Eatonton, GA - (19.0 Miles)
Mar 3 Lake Country Invitational Livestock Judging Contest Livestock Judging Contest open to all 4-H and FFA members. All 4-H and FFA members will be scored as individuals. Team Scores will not be tabulated. Participants will not be separated by organization. Contest classes will be a result of availability of livestock with up to eight (8) classes including market and/or breeding in beef, swine, sheep and/or goats. Greensboro, GA - (16.0 Miles)