4-H Youth Development
Morgan County Trifold Informational Brochure
Required Forms for most 4-H activities/events
- Medical Information & Release (This 4-H form is turned-in for most 4-H events)
- Code of Conduct Form (This 4-H form is completed once a year)
- 4-H Annual Enrollment Card (This 4-H form is completed once a year. Select the one for your child's grade in school):
What's going on with Morgan County 4-H?
- Fall Forum, Dec. 9-10, 2017, Rock Eagle 4-H Center,7-12th grades Entry deadline is 12/01/2017
- Call Extension/4-H Office 706-342-2214
- Call Extension/4-H Office 706-342-2214
- 7-12 Grade Portfolio Workshop and Deadline-December 18, 2017
Upcoming Events: Call the Extension/4-H Office for more information on these events: 706-342-2214.
- 4-H Robotics, Riley's Robotics, 4-5 grades. Next meeting: November 30, 2017. Fee $50.00 Stop in a the 4-H office to register.
- 4-H Consumer Judging Team, State Competition, Dec. 9, 2017.
- 4-H Dairy Clinics: Dec. 9, 2016 and Jan. 6, 2018. More info - go to Dairy Heifer Show Team page of this website
- Morgan County 4-H Homeschool Club, Monday, Dec. 4, 2017, 2:30 p.m.
- 4-H Horse Quiz Bowl Team Practices: Dec, 4, 22, & 18, 2017. See link below for more info.
- 4-H Horse Club Meetings, Monday, Dec. 11, 2017, 5:00 p.m., 4-H Office. Annual Christmas Party, Please bring a small ($10.00 max) gift for gift swap. More info. see link below
- Livestock Judging Practices: January 8, 22, & 29, 2018
- 4-H Poultry Judging Team Orientation Meeting, Tues., Jan. 23, 2018, 5:30 p.m. at the Morg. Co. Extension/4-H Office, Call 706-342-2214 for more info.
On this page
- Cloverleaf Robotics Club
- Horse Club
- Home School 4-H Club
- Judging Events:
- Junior/Senior 4-H Activities
- Knowledge Quiz Bowls: Diary, Horse
- State Congress
- State Council (9th-12th Grades)
- Showing Livestock with Morgan County 4-H
- Summer Camps--2018 Cloverleaf Camp will be held at Rock Eagle, June 25-29, 2018. check back in February 2018 for more info on 2018 Summer Camps!
- Discount Tickets to Six Flags
- Fall Forum, Dec. 9-10, 2017, Rock Eagle 4-H Center, 7-12th grades--"
- A great weekend is planned with lots of opportunities to get to know other 4-H’ers, share skills and have a great time. Additionally, this event provides many opportunities for project work, competition, networking, and training for youth.
- Registration Deadline, Friday, Dec. 1--Call Extension/4- Office for more details: 706-342-2214
- An educational, fun club for homeschoolers! Join our club meetings held at the Morgan County Extension/4-H Office, 440 Hancock Street, Madison, GA
- Meeting Dates for Fall Semester 2017 - >
Next meeting: Dec 4, 2017, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Contact: Janet Woodard, 706-342-2214.
- Georgia 4-H Home Based Education Resources-
Georgia 4-H Centers schedule events specific for home based families to participate in activities for overnight or day field studies.
>Rock Eagle 4-H Center – 706-484-2899 - http://www.rockeagle4h.org/
Saturday @ the Rock- Takes place on the third Saturday of each month offering different topics such as; Watershed Studies, etc. Open to everyone. For more info check: http://www.rockeagle4h.org/ee/community/SaturdayattheRock.html
Morgan County 4-H Project Clubs
Have fun learning about horses. This equine club meets the 2nd Monday of each month during the school calendar year. You don't need to own a horse to be a member! 4th - 12th Grade.
- Learn horse care
- Learn training techniques
- Participate fun field trips
- Perform Community Service projects
Upcoming Important Dates
- 4-H Horse Quiz Bowl practices will begin Monday, November 27th from 4-5 here at the Extension office. Please come out and join us. The State 4-H Horse Quiz Bowl contest will be held on January 27th in Morgan County. We have openings on both the junior and the senior teams.
- Our next 4-H Horse Club meeting will be Monday night, December 11th. It will be immediately after 4-H Horse Quiz Bowl practice on that Monday. Our meeting will start at 5 and end at approximately 7:00 PM. This is our annual Christmas party and we will be watching a horse movie. Please bring a small ($10 max) gift for a gift swap.
- The Madison Christmas Parade will be held on Saturday, December 9th. We will once again have the opportunity to ride horses in the parade. Please let us know if you are interested in riding your horse in the parade or if you would like to ride on the Morgan County 4-H float. Come dressed (you and your horse) in your Christmas costumes and be prepared to have lots of fun! All participants need to be lined up at the Morgan County High school by 2:00 PM. As a reminder, you must have a Code of Conduct and Medical Release form on file at the County Extension office in order to participate in the Christmas Parade. Thank you to the Pickels who have donated the use of their gator for a pooper scooper for all horses in the parade!!
- December 10th will be our next stall cleaning day. They are in pretty bad shape due to a recent several day long event.. The Morgan County Ag Center donates money per stall to our 4-H Horse if we clean the stalls at the Ag Center after the events. Please come by the ag center form 1-5 on December 10th and bring your own manure fork to help get this chore knocked out in a hurry and earn more money for our club!
- Dressage/Huntseat Clinic. Many of you remember Ms. Leah Flowers who came down to work with our youth at the State 4-H Horse Show this summer. She has offered to come up here and give a clinic or individual lessons to Morgan County 4-H’ers on January 5th. There will be a small fee. Please call the Morgan County Extension office to schedule this opportunity!
- Last year’s 4-H Horse Quiz Bowl Team earned a reward trip to Medieval Times. We tentatively have that scheduled for Sunday afternoon on January 21st. The show will start at 2:30. We will take the 4-H Van and leave the Morgan County Extension office at 1:00 PM. This trip is free to the members of the Team and all other 4-H Horse Club members are invited to attend at their own cost. Please let us know no later than December 14th, if you are able to attend so that we can purchase tickets in a group block. Again, if you have questions please let us know.
- THANK YOU to everyone who helped with the Time to Ride events this summer. Morgan County 4-H placed 5th in the small population category and won a check for $500!!
Contact the 4-H Office (706) 342-2214 for more information.
Explore the World of Robotics through the Morgan County 4-H Cloverleaf Robotics Club!!!!
Next Robotics Club Meeting, Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017, 3:30-4:45 p.m. Morgan County Elementary School Activity Room. There are a 2 or 3 spots still open. Please stop in at the Morgan County Extension/4-H office to sign-up and pay the enrollment fee: $50.00
4-5 grade Robotics club members will learn design basics and mechanical concepts through monthly sessions led by Senior Morgan County 4-H members. Students may ride the bus from the elementary school to the 4-H office with a parental permission note that is turned in the school.
- Participation fees must be turned in BEFORE any member is permitted to participate in a club Meeting
- Cost: $50.00 2017-2018 school year
- Time: 3:30 to 4:45 p.m.
- Location: Morgan County Elementary School Activity Room
- Registration Form 2017-2018
- 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Jamboree (consumer judging
- Become a savvy consumer and made good decisions on spending your money!
- Learn about cotton and its impact on Georgia
- Practices - Wednesdays: Jr. Team, 3:30-5:00 p.m.; Sr. Team 5:15-6:30 at the Morgan County Extension/4-H office
- Competition: November 9, 2017
- Dairy Judging
You will be able to identify cow breeds and evaluate classes of dairy animals and back-up your ranking choices with oral reasons.
This contest is open to all 4-H'ers from all over Georgia ages 9-19 and is held each Spring.
- Poultry Judging
- Call for more information: Shannon Cagle (706) 342-2214
As a poultry team member you will examine eggs and judge their quality and be able to candle them to assign a quality grade. You will be able to evaluate live chickens to judge their ability to be a good laying hen.
- 2017 Wildlife Judging Team. Call Janet Woodard (706) 342-2214 for more information.
- team members will learn about wildlife habitat and risks, identify risks and damages and common wildlife and Fisheries Food
- Meetings on Sundays, beginning Aug. 27, 2017 at 3:30 p.m.-4:45 p.m. at the Morgan County Extension/4-H office, 440 Hancock Street, Madison, GA
- GA 4-H Wildlife Judging Manual
Join us on Monday evenings 3:30 p.m. - 5:30* for our practices at the Extension/4-H Office, 440 Hancock Street, Madison, GA.
January 8th, 2018
January 22nd, 2018
January 29th, 2018
ANYONE interested please come check it out, we would love to have you join us!! Bring a friend!!
Any questions you can contact Jennifer Moss, firstname.lastname@example.org or call the 4H office at 706-342-2214
*fieldtrips to view livestock may require a later end time.
4-H Educational Events:
- 4-H Junior Conference, November 4-5, 2017, grades 6-8th
- 4-H Fall Forum, December 9-10, 2017
- 4-H Junior Rally Spring 2018
- 4-H Senior Conference, April 7-8, 2018
- Dairy Quiz Bowl
- Horse Quiz Bowl-
2017-2018 Horse Quiz Bowl- Call Lucy Ray for more info: 706-342-2214
Horse Quiz Bowl Practices begin, Monday, November 27 from 4-5 pm at the Extension/4-H office. It's not too late to join. We have openings in both the junior and senior teams The State 4-H Horse Quiz Bow contest is Saturday, January 27 here in Morgan County!
- District Project Achievement-Public Speaking and Presentation Skills Competitions
Youth Leadership Programs
- Leadership In Action
- Teen Leaders
Showing Livestock with Morgan County 4-H (tri-fold brochure)
- If you are interested in showing livestock with 4-H we have show teams for the following:
- Market Goats
- Breeding Ewes
- Breeding Does
- Market Hogs
- Registered Beef
- Commercial Dairy Heifers
Call our 4-H office to sign-up. 706.342.2214.
Check back soon for details on our Spring Fundraising Events
Please select this link: Six Flags Tickets
You will see information on how to log-in to the Six Flags 4-H Special ticket pricing website. You will be able to print your tickets on your printer and take with you to the Park.
To see the dates the park is open and operating hours use this link: sixflags.com
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Jan 6, 2018 - Jan 8, 2018 Counselor Selection Weekend Georgia 4-H'ers try out at Rock Eagle 4-H Center for a coveted summer counselor position at one of Georgia's five 4-H centers. Eatonton, GA - (19.0 Miles)
Jan 19, 2018 - Jan 22, 2018 SAFE Certified Coaches Training SAFE Certified Coaches Training Eatonton, GA - (19.0 Miles)
Jan 20, 2018 - Jan 22, 2018 Georgia 4-H Communications and Technology Team Retreat Georgia 4-H Communications and Technology Team Retreat Eatonton, GA - (19.0 Miles)