4-H Youth Development
Morgan County Trifold Informational Brochure:
Required Forms for most 4-H activities/events
- Medical Information & Release (This 4-H form is turned-in for most 4-H events)
- Code of Conduct Form (This 4-H form is completed once a year)
- 4-H Annual Enrollment Card (This 4-H form is completed once a year. Select the one for your child's grade in school):
What's going on with Morgan County 4-H?
- Sign-up for: Poultry Judging, Livestock Judging and Dairy Judging Teams; More team members are needed.
- 2019 Market Hog, Heifer, Steer and Commercial Dairy Recordbooks (for those not going to GA Jr. National Stockshow) due Feb. 4, 2019
- Senior Conference Registration Deadline-March 22 for early bird, between 22-29 late fees assessed.
- Registration Deadline for Junior Rally, April 19, 2019
Upcoming Events: Call the Extension/4-H Office for more information on these events: 706-342-2214.
- Horse Quiz Bowl Team, Monday's afterschool, 4-5 p.m., Morg. Co. Ext. Office
- Horse Club Meeting, Monday, Feb.11, 2019 at 6:00 p.m., Morgan Co. 4-H Office
- State 4-H Horse Quiz Bowl Competition, Madison, GA, Jan. 26, 2019
- Georgia 4-H Day at the Capitol, Feb. 07, 2019, Atlanta, GA
- Senior Conference, April 6-7, 2019, Rock Eagle 4-H Center, Eatonton, GA
- NE & NW District Junior Rally, April 27-28, 2019, 6-8 grades, Wahsega 4-H Center, Dahlonega, GA
On this page
- Cloverleaf Robotics Club
- Horse Club
- Home School 4-H Club
- Judging Events:
- Junior/Senior 4-H Activities
- Knowledge Quiz Bowls: Diary, Horse
- State Congress
- State Council (9th-12th Grades)
- Showing Livestock with Morgan County 4-H
- Summer Camps--2019 Cloverleaf Camp will be held at Camp Burton, Tybee Island. check back in February 2019 for more info on 2019 Summer Camps!
- Discount Tickets to Six Flags
Cloverleaf 4-H Upcoming Activites (4-6 Grades)
- Feb. 16, Cloverleaf DPA, Rock Eagle 4-H Center, Eatonton, GA
- Georgia 4-H Day at the Capitol, Feb. 07, 2019, Atlanta, GA, open for Sr 4-H'ers who particiated in DPA
- 2019 Senior Confrence, Rock Eagle 4-H Center
You are invited to the Georgia 4-H Senior Conference on April 6 - 7, 2019 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center.
The District Senior and State Boards are working on an event that is going to be a blast! We hope you will join us! Here are the details:
What: 2019 Georgia 4-H Senior Conference
Who: All Current 9 - 12th Grade Senior 4-H’ers
When: April 6 – 7, 2019
Where: Rock Eagle 4-H Center
Cost: $68 if registered and paid by March 22, and $72 if paid between March 22-29, 2019. Registration Deadline: March 29, 2019
Senior Conference Event Flyer and Registration Form
- 2019 Junior Rally for NE and NW 4-H Districts
Attention all Northeast/Northwest District 6th - 8th Grade 4-H Members!!! You are invited to the Northeast/Northwest District 4-H Junior Rally on April 27 - 28, 2019 at Wahsega 4-H Center!
The Northeast /Northwest District Junior Boards are busy creating a weekend event that is going to be a blast! We hope you will join us! Here are the details:
Who: All 6th – 8th Grade Northeast & Northwest District 4-H’ers
When: Saturday and Sunday, April 27 - 28, 2019
Where: Camp Wahsega 4-H Center, Dahlonega, GA
Cost: $77 by 4/12 (Includes registration, transportation, & insurance)
Registration Deadline: 4/19/2019, to register
More details available contact: Janet Woodard or Shannon Cagle, 706-342-2214
- An educational, fun club for homeschoolers! Join our club meetings held at the Morgan County Extension/4-H Office, 440 Hancock Street, Madison, GA
- Meeting Dates for 2018 - >
Next meeting: Feb 4, 2019, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Contact: Janet Woodard, 706-342-2214.
- Georgia 4-H Home Based Education Resources-
Georgia 4-H Centers schedule events specific for home based families to participate in activities for overnight or day field studies.
>Rock Eagle 4-H Center – 706-484-2899 - http://www.rockeagle4h.org/
Saturday @ the Rock- Takes place on the third Saturday of each month offering different topics such as; Watershed Studies, etc. Open to everyone. For more info check: 2018 Community Programs at Rock Eagle 4-H Center
Morgan County 4-H Project Clubs
Have fun learning about horses. This equine club meets the 2nd Monday of each month during the school calendar year. You don't need to own a horse to be a member! 4th - 12th Grade.
- Learn horse care
- Learn training techniques
- Participate fun field trips
- Perform Community Service projects
Upcoming Important Dates
- 4-H Horse Quiz Bowl Team
4-H Horse Quiz Bowl practice will be on Mondays from 4:00-5:00 PM. If you are interested or think you might be interested, come and join us. If that date doesn’t work, please plan on joining us the following Monday at the same time. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Our next 4-H Horse Club meeting will be, Monday, Feb. 11, 2019
Contact the 4-H Office (706) 342-2214 for more information.
Explore the World of Robotics through the Morgan County 4-H Cloverleaf Robotics Club!!!!
4-5 grade Robotics club members will learn design basics and mechanical concepts through monthly sessions led by Senior Morgan County 4-H members. Students may ride the bus from the elementary school to the 4-H office with a parental permission note that is turned in the school. Select this link for the meeting schedule for this year: Club Meeting schedule and sign-up form
Judging Events: Learn More (you will be taken to new page)
- 4-H Cotton Boll and Consumer Jamboree (Consumer Judging)
- Become a savvy consumer and made good decisions on spending your money!
- Learn about cotton and its impact on Georgia
- This is a Fall judging team event.
- Dairy Judging
- We are forming a team now! Call for more information: Shannon Cagle (706) 342-2214
You will be able to identify cow breeds and evaluate classes of dairy animals and back-up your ranking choices with oral reasons.
- Horse Judging and Hippology
This contest is open to all 4-H'ers from all over Georgia ages 9-19. Contest is in Spring 2019. See more info under our Morgan County Horse Club listed above.
- Poultry Judging
- Call for more information: Shannon Cagle (706) 342-2214
As a poultry team member you will examine eggs and judge their quality and be able to candle them to assign a quality grade. You will be able to evaluate live chickens to judge their ability to be a good laying hen.
- 2018 Wildlife Judging Team. Call Janet Woodard (706) 342-2214 for more information.
- team members will learn about wildlife habitat and risks, identify risks and damages and common wildlife and Fisheries Food
- GA 4-H Wildlife Judging Manual
Mondays at 5:30. Any questions you can contact Jennifer Moss, email@example.com or call the 4H office at 706-342-2214
*fieldtrips to view livestock may require a later end time.
4-H Educational Events:
- Senior Conference, Rock Eagle, April 6-7, 2019
- Dairy Quiz Bowl-
- Horse Quiz Bowl- The Georgia 4-H Horse Quiz Bowl contest is this January in Morgan County. Teams of either four or five members from one county compete in a game show type format and answer questions related to equine subject matter.
Play consists of double elimination tournament style matches where two teams compete at a time. A county can bring up to two senior and two junior teams to the area contest. Junior (4-8 grade) and Senior (9-12 grade) 4-H members are eligible to compete in Horse Quiz Bowl. Members of the winning senior division team become master 4-H’ers and go on to compete at Western National Round Up in Denver, CO.
For specific details call Lucy Ray, Morgan County Extension: 706-342-2214.
District Project Achievement-Public Speaking and Presentation Skills Competitions
Youth Leadership Programs
- Leadership In Action
- Certified 4-H Teen Leaders- Next Training, To be Announced, 2018.
Showing Livestock with Morgan County 4-H (tri-fold brochure)
- If you are interested in showing livestock with 4-H we have show teams for the following:
- Market Goats
- Breeding Ewes
- Breeding Does
- Market Hogs
- Registered Beef
- Commercial Dairy Heifers
Call our 4-H office to sign-up. 706.342.2214.
Next fundraiser: Vidalia Onions - check back in April 2019!
Please select this link: Six Flags Tickets
You will see information on how to log-in to the Six Flags 4-H Special ticket pricing website. You will be able to print your tickets on your printer and take with you to the Park.
To see the dates the park is open and operating hours use this link: sixflags.com
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Feb 20 - Feb 24 Georgia Junior National Livestock Show Georgia Junior National Livestock Show Perry, GA - (81.0 Miles)
Mar 1 - Mar 3 Northeast Jr/Sr Project Achievement for Grades 7-12 Northeast Jr/Sr Project Achievement for Grades 7-12 Eatonton, GA - (19.0 Miles)
Mar 2 Jaycee Match- Nationals Qualifier Georgia 4-H BB Gun Teams will compete to qualify for a spot at Nationals. Coweta, GA - (83.0 Miles)