Heard County 4-H Shooting Sports
Project S.A.F.E. (Shooting Awareness, Fun and Education) is an active program, attractive to youth and adult audiences. The program is curriculum based and designed to assist young people in personal development, establish a personal environmental ethic and explore life-long vocational and avocational activities. The program uses experiential learning and positive interactions with youth and adult role models to help young people develop self-concept, self-assurance and a positive self-image.
Enhance youth development of self-concept, character and personal growth through safe, educational and socially acceptable involvement in shooting activities.
- To involve youth in a life skills program that teaches safe and responsible use of firearms including sound decision-making, self-discipline and concentration.
- To promote the highest standards of safety, sportsmanship and ethical behavior.
- To expose participants to the broad array of vocational and life-long avocation activities related to shooting sports.
- To strengthen families through participation in life-long recreational activities.
- To complement and enhance the impact of existing safety, shooting and hunter education programs using experiential (hands on) educational methods and progressive development of skills and abilities.
(4th - 12th graders)
Girls and Boys
EVERY FALL, THE ARCHERY COACH WILL HOLD AN INFORMATIONAL MEETING TO ADVISE 4-H'ERS AND THEIR PARENTS OF S.A.F.E. PRACTICES, OPENINGS ON THE TEAM, AND RESPONSIBLITIES ASSICATED WITH BEING AN ARCHERY TEAM MEMBER. THE 2017 MEETING WILL BE HELD ON AUGUST 10TH, 2017. 6:00-7:00PM
- Weekly practices on Fridays 5:00pm
- Outdoor match in April 28th @ Rock Eagle 4-H Center
- A remind will be sent out with the date, time and location for practices.
Please check this page or contact the Heard County Extension Office at 706-675-3513 or email@example.com for more information about the upcoming meeting.
Head Archery Coach: Anthony (Tony) Hand
Assistant Archery Coach: Matt Baxter
BB Team (4th - 8th graders)
EVERY FALL, THE BB TEAM COACH HOLD AN INFORMATIONAL MEETING TO ADVISE 4-H'ERS AND THEIR PARENTS OF S.A.F.E. PRACTICES, OPENINGS ON THE TEAM, AND THE RESPONSIBLITIES ASSOCIATED WITH BEING A BB TEAM MEMBER.
- Weekly practices on Tuesdays
- District match in March
- Qualifying Match in April
- State Competition in April
PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE OR CONTACT THE HEARD COUNTY EXTENSION OFFICE AT 706-675-3513 OR UGE2149@UGA.EDU FOR INFORMATION ON THE 2017 HEARD COUNTY 4-H BB TEAM
Head BB Coach: Chris Dawson
(7th - 12th graders)
EVERY FALL, THE SHOTGUN TEAM COACH HOLD AN INFORMATIONAL MEETING TO ADVISE 4-H'ERS AND THEIR PARENTS CAN LEARN ABOUT S.A.F.E. PRACTICES, OPENING ON THE TEAM, AND THE RESPONSIBLITIES ASSOCIATED WITH BEING A SHOTGUN TEAM MEMBER.
- Weekly practices
- Qualifying match in April
- Target Challenge weekend in May
PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE OR CONTACT THE HEARD COUNTY EXTENSION OFFICE AT 706-675-3513 OR UGE2149@UGA.EDU FOR INFORMATION ON THE 2017 HEARD COUNTY 4-H SHOTGUN TEAM
Head Shotgun Coach: David Byrd ( Picture above 2017 Team)
If interested in becoming a certified coach...
For more information Click the link below: