Gwinnett Master Gardener Volunteers
The Georgia Master Gardener Extension Volunteer Program is a volunteer training program offered through county offices of UGA Extension. Through this program individuals are trained in home horticulture, gardening, and related areas. These individuals, in turn, volunteer their expertise and services, under the direction of the Extension Service, to help others through horticultural projects that benefit the community. Georgia Master Gardener Extension
Volunteers bring the latest horticultural information and practices from The University of Georgia to their communities’ landscapes and gardens; making life better for citizens in Gwinnett County.
Master Gardener Program 2019 - General Information
- Application deadline September 28, 2018. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Applicants will be notified by October 5, 2018 if they have been accepted into the program.
- If accepted, the Background check cost is $200, due by October 26, 2018
- Checks are to be made payable to: Gwinnett County Extension/4-H
- Classes will begin on January 9, 2019
- Classes are held on Wednesdays, from 9:30-3:30 pm
- Training is for 13 weeks from ( January 9th – April 1st)
- Participants will take a Mid-term Exam (DeKalb Ext.) & Final Exam (Gwinnett Tech) April 1st
After completing all Training Classes and (50) volunteer hours within the year, you will become a Certified Master Gardener!
***All classes will be held at the DeKalb County Extension***
4380 Memorial Drive
Decatur, GA 30032
Master Gardener Assistance
Answers are just an email or phone call away. Our MG's (Master Gardeners) are happy to assist with questions about gardening, lawns, vegetables, pruning and trees. The information will be UGA unbiased, researched information. Publications are also available. Send our Master Gardener an email at Master Gardener Desk. You can also call 678.377.4010. If you are having a problem with a plant, send some pictures and we will do our best to assist. Please make sure the pictures are small jpg and are nice and clear so we can help you to identify the problem(s), insects, etc.