Agriculture & Natural Resources
Meet Gordon County Extension Agricultural and Natural Resources (ANR) Agent, Greg Bowman. Greg, a lifetime resident of Gordon County, is a graduate from the University of Georgia with a BS in Animal Science 1993. While attending, he was a top team member of a very successful UGA Livestock Judging Team that competed across the United States. Greg has a total of twenty-four years experience working for UGA Extension. Initially, he was the 4-H Agent in Bartow County transferring to the ANR Program in 2006. Greg became our county's ANR Agent in 2011. He is married to Tonya and they have two daughters, Kendall and Lindsay.
Greg W. Bowman
Administration Agriculture & Natural Resources
ANR COUNTY EXTENSION AGENT/COORDINATOR
Agriculture and Natural Resources Newsletter Available
If you would be interested in receiving the electronic, monthly Gordon County Extension ANR Newsletter, please send our office a message using the Office Contact form at the bottom of this page.
Marketing Your Beef Locally
This is a one night per week, four week session and coveres the following:
- Starting a Retail Meat Business
- Finishing Beef on Your Farm
- Meat Fabrication Demonstration
- Finishing Beef on Grass and Forage
You can access detail information by clicking on flyer.
Pesticide Applicator Licenses
- Check Your Expiration Date and Re-Certification Hours
- Georgia Private Pesticide Applicator Training
- Georgia Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training
- On-Line Training courses for Commercial Pesticide Applicator Test Preparation
- Recertification Courses Offering Pesticide Applicator License CEUs
Below are some of UGA Extension's most broadly useful resources for those involved in agriculture on the farm, in schools, and around the home.