Applications/Entry Forms/Flyers for Current Events
- 1st Annual Gordon County 4-H Livestock Skills Camp and Contest - camp schedule is June 11-14, contest is June 15; $60 registration fee for both or $10 contest only; registration is due June 1
- State 4-H Council - annual Georgia 4-H constitutional meeting; June 22-24 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center for current 8th-12th graders; early bird registration is $50 due by May 30 or you can register until June 13 for $55. There is also a volunteer breakfast that will be held on Saturday, June 23 at State 4-H Council.
- Clovers and Company Auditions - premiere musical performance group in Georgia 4-H; applications are due May 30 and auditions are June 7 or 9
- Music Education Matters Summit - held July 17-19 at Rock Eagle 4-H Center for 6th-12th graders; registration opens on April 2 and is limited to the first 200 people to sign up by June 15; cost is $110 and pays for lodging, meals, and a t-shirt
- June Dairy Month Poster Contest - open to 4th-12th grade students; theme is Undeniably Dairy - How Do You Love Your Dairy?; poster with entry form must be submitted by May 31. Top three posters in each age category win monetary gift cards.
- Photography Contest - open to 4th-12th grade students and adults; entries must be submitted using this form by June 6.
- Pantry Pride Recipe Contest - open to 4th-12th grade students; challenges 4‐H’ers to think creatively about food and cooking by developing recipes using ingredients commonly found in Georgia Food Banks; recipes are due to the 4-H office by August 1.
- Watermelon Growing Contest - cash prizes will be awarded for top 3 in the state, and the top county grower will receive a t-shirt; all watermelons have to be weighed and entered by the 4-H office by August 1.
- Pumpkin Growing Contest - cash prizes will be awarded for top 3 in the state, and the top county grower will receive a t-shirt; all pumpkins have to be weighed and entered by the 4-H office by October 25.
- Summer Camp - sign up begins February 12
- Cloverleaf Camp - 4th-6th graders; June 4-8
- Junior Camp - 7th-8th graders; July 2-6
- Marine Resources Camp - 6th-8th graders; July 16-20
- Wilderness Challenge Camp - 6th-8th graders; July 2-6
- Senior Camp - 9th-12th graders; July 2-6
- Senior Extreme Camp - 9th-12th graders; June 11-15
- Camp Scholarship Application - due February 28
- 4-H Military Camps
- Summer Programs - Gordon County will not be attending as a group, but you may go as a family; contact Mrs. Allie for details
- 4-H Day at Stone Mountain - June 19; an all day pass is $19.98 and a meal voucher is $10.50; processing fee is $10 for whole group order; registration due by May 30.
- 4-H Knight at Medieval Times - Saturday, July 14 at 5:00 PM. 4-H is receiving a substantial discount at $29.95 per ticket which includes the show (tournament), wonderful food, a pre-show presentation featuring the falcon and care and training of the horses, a special Medieval Times pin and an opportunity to meet the cast!
- Georgia Cooperative Council Youth Leadership Conference - July 16-20 in Covington, GA. The purpose of the 5-day conference is to build and enhance teen leadership skills and for participants to learn the role cooperatives play in the communities they serve. The leadership event is also designed to promote teamwork through a series of exercises, training and presentations. Open to youth who are rising 10th, 11th, or 12th grade students, or 2018 high school graduates that have not yet begun college. For 4-H sponsorship, please complete this application and submit it by June 20.
- 4-H Day at the Atlanta History Center - Thursday, July 19 at 9:30 AM. $6 registration fee allows you to tour the Atlanta History Center, learn about Atlanta and Georgia history, visit the Swan House, historic farm, gardens, and featured exhibits. You can also participate in the exhibit fair to share your project, with prizes awarded to top three exhibitors in 4-H Demonstrations, Project Animals, and Other. To apply for the exhibit fair, you must apply using this form and registration fees are covered for those selected. Applications are selected on a rolling basis, but are due no later than June 8. You will know by no later than June 20 if you were selected.
- Poultry Science Open House - Friday, July 20. All rising high school freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors are welcome to attend this FREE event to learn about exotic breeds, disease necropsy, processing, anatomy/physiology, hatching/embryology, and career/education opportunities. Lunch is provided, but you must register at this website by July 13.
From Our Blog - Gordon Grown
Picture This! – Georgia 4-H Photography Contest We are excited to announce the new Georgia 4-H Photography Contest for 2018! This year introduces a streamlined submission process, new categories, and bigger prizes! The top 5 youth in each category will receive cash prizes, and the top five adults will receive a small gift.
Arrowhead Wildlife Management Area Tour Our Agriculture and Natural Resources agent, Greg Bowman, is hosting a tour to Arrowhead Wildlife Management Area on Thursday, May 31.
“Big” Growing Contests Currently, Georgia 4-H has two "big" growing contests ongoing to find the 4-H'er that can grow the largest watermelon and pumpkin in the state.