The Consumer Decision Making Contest teaches 4-H'ers how to observe, compare and make decisions based on facts collected. It also provides experience in organizing thoughts and defending decisions with oral reasons. In this contest, 4-H'ers learn to rank articles or products over others based on standards and quality, 4-H'ers will evaluate consumer items and tell why they think one is better than the other.
Juniors (5th- 8th Grade)
- Judge four classes of items and give oral reasons on one class.
- Give a 30 second or less commercial promoting cotton. Must have a 14x22 poster (half a sheet of poster paper) to accompany commercial. Costumes may be used.
Seniors (9th- 12th Grade)
- Judge four classes of items and give oral reason on one class.
- Give a 2 minute or less speech PSA (Public Service Announcement) about cotton. Be creative. No visuals allowed. Costumes may be used.
Fall 2017 Practice Dates
- September 24, 2:00pm-3:30pm
- October 1, 2:00pm-3:30pm
- October 15, 2:00pm-3:30pm
- October 22, 2:00pm-3:30pm
- October 29, 2:00pm-3:30pm
For more information or to get involved in the Fulton County 4-H Cotton Boll/Consumer Judging Team, please contact Jeremy Cheney at firstname.lastname@example.org.