This club is open to youth in grades 4-12 and is perfect for 4-H'ers who own a horse or simply share a love of horses. Fayette County's 4-H Horse Club is a great way to expand your knowledge of the various desciplines in the horse world. We do not offer horseback riding classes, but encourage all members, even ones that do not own or know anytihng about a horse to join. Fayette County has a very active Horse Club. The club meets for their regular business meeting on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Extension Office.
First Thursday of every month
Fayette County Extension Office
See calendar below for entire schedule.
Open County Horse Show:
See photos from Fayette County 4-H Horseflies meetings and events.
Forms and Information
2016-2017 Membership Dues: $20.00
- 2016-2017 Horseflies Registration Packet
- 2016-2017 Fayette County 4-H Horse Club Manual
- 2016-2017 Officer Application
Horse Club Calendar
State Horse Show
The Georgia State 4-H Horse Show is held each June at the Agricenter in Perry Georgia. There are no qualifying shows, and you can enter the State Show simply by being a member of your local 4-H club, owning or leasing your horse by March 1st of the current year, and completing the Novice Horseman workbook, which can be obtained through your local county extension office.
Classes are offered in five divisions, Stock Seat (Western), Ranch Horse (Western), Hunt Seat (English), Saddleseat (English), and Contest Events (Running), and in three age categories: Cloverleaf (1st-4th grade and 5th and 6th graders with limited experience), Junior (5th and 6th graders with demonstrated skills and 7th and 8th graders), and Senior (9th-12th graders). A champion and reserve champion are named in each division and age category.
At least fifty 4-H'ers qualify each year to proceed to Regional Competition, where they ride against other 4-H'ers from the 13 southern states.
To be eligible to complete in the State 4-H Horse Show:
* Own or lease a 4-H project horse
* Complete Intent to Show forms
* Be an active, enrolled 4-Her in the county you live in or go to school in.
* Cloverleaf 4-H’ers must complete at least half of the Novice Horseman 4-H Horse Project manual and senior 4-Hers must complete all of this book. The Novice Horseman Book is the first in a series of three manuals offered to document Horsemanship skills gained through the Georgia 4-H Horse Program. All participants should complete a new Novice Horseman Book each year. The books are available at the links below, and it is the responsibility of the local County Extension Agent to check the books and sign off on their completion. This may be done in conjunction with a volunteer Horse Club Leader, but the Agent must sign the documentation.
* Horse Show entry forms are due by: TBD
- State Show Participant Packet
- State Horse Show Study Guide
- Map of Perry Horse Barn
- State Horse Show Website
- 2016 State Horse Show Rule Book
- State Horse Show Educational Contests Entry Forms