Agriculture & Natural Resources
Services Provided by our Office
- Litter Samples: $52.
- All litter samples must be packaged in pint ziplock bags.
- Plant analysis: $25
- E Coli and Coliform Bacteria, $36
- Feed samples:Basic $20 with minerals $40
- Nematodes: $12
- Pond water: $35
- Soil test: Basic $6
- Water test: Basic $20
- Misc. tests: Contact office
- 911 Reflective signs $15
Pesticide Safety and Training
Pesticides are a vital part of most agricultural and forestry operations. Human and environmental safety does not have to be compromised. Let us help you apply pesticides safely.
- Pesticide Safety Education Program
The Georgia Private Pesticide Applicator Exam may be completed online. For more information read on how to complete the exam, please read this instructional flyer.
Apr 27 - Apr 29 Southeast Junior Spring Conference for 6th-8th Graders Southeast Junior Spring Conference for 6th-8th Graders Jekyll Island, GA - (81.0 Miles)
Apr 28 Egg Candling Class Egg Candling is a procedure to determine the quality of eggs for human consumption. Anyone who sells eggs in the State of Georgia is required to have a license. This class is taught by the Georgia Department of Agriculture. Lunch is Provided. Alamo, GA - (53.0 Miles)
May 2 - May 3 Georgia 4-H Area Poultry Judging-Lyons Georgia 4-H Area Poultry Judging-Lyons Lyons, GA - (24.0 Miles)
We are excited about Georgia Agricultural Awareness Week March 19th-March 23rd! Color Georgia and the top agricultural crops as you like. Be creative!
Links of Interest
- Climate and Agriculture Blog
- Farm Bureau
- Georgia County Guide
- Georgia Dept. of Agriculture
- Georgia Dept. of Natural Resources
- Georgia Pecan Information Is it Pee-Can or Puh'can (you tube video)
- Georgia Pest Management Handbook
- Georgia Weather
- Go Fish Education Center
- Pecan Blog
- Pond Stocking Application
- SmartIrrigation Cotton App and More
- Soil Testing in Georgia
- The Georgia Agriculture Tax Exemption program (GATE)
- Tobacco Blog Georgia Tobacco Hotline
- Walter Reeves.com. The Georgia Gardener
- Warm Springs Regional Fisheries